Author Topic: Hagerty Value Guide - 1966 GT350 shot up!  (Read 8678 times)

pmustang

• View Profile
Re: Hagerty Value Guide - 1966 GT350 shot up!
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2021, 06:05:14 PM »
Of course they shot up. sold mine a. few months ago :-)

NC TRACKRAT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2021, 06:59:45 PM »
It's important to keep in mind that the insurance companies won't put up too much of a fight when you want to increase the insurance value (hence, a higher premium to pay), while they may well protest when you file a claim.
5S071, 6S1467

red66

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2021, 09:58:16 PM »

Three years ago, I conducted a survey of actual auction results for 1966 GT350s for the previous five years.  After discarding the extremely low figures for rust buckets or cars with incorrect equipment as well as those selling on the extreme high end (1966 GT350 convertible, celebrity cars, charity fund raisers, etc.), I found that Hagerty's of $175,000 and up for correct condition 1 and 2 cars was more accurate than most other sources.  Also, a friend purchased a 4-speed numbers matching condition car for $175,000 the year before.

If you have one of these cars and purchase and agreed value policy from Hagerty, that is the price they will pay in the event of loss with no deductible.

SFM6S087

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2021, 10:22:18 AM »
By definition, an "agreed value" policy will pay the exact amount that was agreed upon in the case of a total loss. Not something less.

Steve

silverton_ford

• SAAC Member
  • Been dreaming of a Shelby since I was 7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2021, 12:43:01 PM »
Here is an explanation by Hagerty on how they see the market.

https://insider.hagerty.com/trends/hagerty-price-guide-45/

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2021, 06:28:33 PM »
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1966-ford-mustang-254/

I am not sure why people do not put their car on this forum first, when they would like to sell their car? If you can get the same price here and not pay fees, you would be doing both the buyer and seller a favor. At least try here first and if it does not sell then do auction houses. Why not sell it here? Or do you actually think you will get more at an auction....? Remember fees....Or do you just want too much and are afraid you will let it go to cheap? Remember, you can come down.
RARE  Signature Delete

Rickmustang

• SAAC Member
  • "What's behind you, doesn't matter"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2021, 06:59:41 PM »
On BAT, does only the buyer pay the fees?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 07:08:31 PM by Rickmustang »
1965 G.T. 350
1967 Fairlane GT - 390 4-speed
1970 Mach 1 - 428CJ 4-speed/AC
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ auto/AC
2005 Ford GT

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2021, 08:23:58 PM »
On BAT, does only the buyer pay the fees?

The buyer pays a fee, I am not sure but they don't make much if the seller pays nothing then.
RARE  Signature Delete

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2021, 08:27:52 PM »

I am not sure why people do not put their car on this forum first, when they would like to sell their car? If you can get the same price here and not pay fees, you would be doing both the buyer and seller a favor. At least try here first and if it does not sell then do auction houses. Why not sell it here? Or do you actually think you will get more at an auction....? Remember fees....Or do you just want too much and are afraid you will let it go to cheap? Remember, you can come down.

Typically, people put their cars through online or in person auctions, because they believe they will get more return, even after paying seller fees. Even some of the faithful from this site have moved to the auction route. In the end, it’s all about marketing / visibility; which generally leads to a higher sales price.

Just my 2 cents
Nothing beats a classic!

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2021, 08:54:44 PM »

Typically, people put their cars through online or in person auctions, because they believe they will get more return, even after paying seller fees. Even some of the faithful from this site have moved to the auction route. In the end, it’s all about marketing / visibility; which generally leads to a higher sales price.

Just my 2 cents

I think you are right in some cases....

Concourse, rare, or famous car will get the hype and promotion from the popular auction types. And possibly bring in the big money.
Average cars, and drivers usually bring in less. An "original" car or a big story car might bring in more.

I would say if you want to see
long term" for sale cars look to ebay, after all its free to relist, those cars really are not for sale so to speak. Usually big reserve or huge Buy It Now with a hefty reserve.

A lot of ways, it reminds me of real estate, some people have never done a thing to their house, (remodel), and think it is worth the same as the house next door. I wish I had a dollar every time someone said to me, "One just like this one went for $$$ on Ebay." "I think mine is worth that."
RARE  Signature Delete

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2021, 10:01:39 PM »
BaT (seller) Listing Fees and Options

https://bringatrailer.com/submit-a-vehicle/

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2021, 10:20:56 AM »
BaT (seller) Listing Fees and Options

https://bringatrailer.com/submit-a-vehicle/

Cheap for the seller, but for the buyer 5%...ouch! 5000.00 cap.
RARE  Signature Delete

CharlesTurner

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2021, 10:42:26 AM »

On a $200k car, selling at a big auction would typically be 10% of hammer, so $20k.  $5k for the same car on BaT is a good deal... but that's assuming one can get the same $200k that it might sell for auction. 

Results can go the opposite, so it's not a given that cars will bring less on BaT.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2021, 11:22:57 AM »

On a $200k car, selling at a big auction would typically be 10% of hammer, so $20k.  $5k for the same car on BaT is a good deal... but that's assuming one can get the same $200k that it might sell for auction. 

Results can go the opposite, so it's not a given that cars will bring less on BaT.
I guess I should change the post, from why would you not SELL here, to why would you buy elsewhere, when you can just buy here and not pay crazy fees?
RARE  Signature Delete

6s2055

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2021, 02:43:34 PM »
I would question why anyone with any classic car would choose any company like State Farm etc. when companies like Grundy, Haggerty can provide the coverage needed at more than a competitive price. Doing otherwise is a big risk....IMO.