News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

CSX4000 Mfr Source ?

Started by oldcanuck, May 16, 2021, 03:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcanuck

Is there a way, or a reference resource, to find out who built a particular CSX4000 car ?

In asking an owner, he responded he didn't know if his car was a HST build, and, or where it was built. He told me it really didn't matter. I'm not well versed on these but I am assuming I would rather own a Shelby Automotive built example than a HST built south of the border ......

I appreciate any assistance.
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

Bill

Quote from: oldcanuck on May 16, 2021, 03:21:17 PM
Is there a way, or a reference resource, to find out who built a particular CSX4000 car ?

In asking an owner, he responded he didn't know if his car was a HST build, and, or where it was built. He told me it really didn't matter. I'm not well versed on these but I am assuming I would rather own a Shelby Automotive built example than a HST built south of the border ......

I appreciate any assistance.

Might take me a week, but PM me the chassis number and I'll see what I can find.
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

oldcanuck

Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

CSX2259

ChicagoChris

Of the later 4000 chassis, CSX 4825 was the first roller made by Superformance when the Mexico factory couldn't keep up.

CSX 4133

#4133 was manufactured by Shelby American with body number #115 at the Indian Springs Penitentiary Las Vegas NV. Bob, the owner of the 4000 series car should have a paperwork packet with all the information concerning its build.

~Steven

goraggio

I own CSX4115. Is that the #115 built at Indian Springs you are referring to. It should not be confused with #4133.

CSX2259

If I remember correctly the HST cars had "LA" after their CSX numbers to indicate "Latin America". I will have to look at my notes though.

sd427

I believe only a very small number of CSX4000 cars built in Mexico had the LA suffix, like less than 20.

mickmate

There are several differences between HST and HiTech cars. The height or depth of the front of the gas tank is one. Bolt-on front bumper mount tubes is another.