News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

68 Bendix brake booster

Started by TLea, May 18, 2021, 07:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLea

Kent

Hi Tim, just for my knowlede is there a difference between 67 and 68 or 69 bendix brake boosters? I thin in 70 they changed the  pivot for the brake pedal but the 67 and 68 should be the same. I have a lot here in germany. Maybe it makes sense to send one, because shipping is not to bad.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

shelbymann1970

Quote from: TLea on May 18, 2021, 07:01:38 PM
Looking for good rebuild a all core.  Restore@TimLea.com
My good friend just got the one off of my old 68 Shelby(really nice core)on Saturday and his original is still on his 68 GT350 vert. So how can we tell if it is rebuildable? I just assumed all were rebuildable because if they are he now has a spare one. I'd have to pull it and media blast it to see how nice it cleans up. I just got done blasting his metal tail light protectors this morning and have been media blasting parts for the last several days off of his car. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

TLea

Quote from: Kent on May 19, 2021, 02:39:05 AM
Hi Tim, just for my knowlede is there a difference between 67 and 68 or 69 bendix brake boosters? I thin in 70 they changed the  pivot for the brake pedal but the 67 and 68 should be the same. I have a lot here in germany. Maybe it makes sense to send one, because shipping is not to bad.
I think 67/-69 same but not sure. Will ask dewey.

Gary if it came off 68 Shelby its a Midland not Bendix

brandosaac

If im not mistaken,
all the 67-68 boosters had an attached mounting ear where it bolts to the firewall,
where the 69-70 boosters and a bolt on spacer plate on the  back of the booster.
rod differences,  67-69 boosters had a brake rod that kicked down , and the 70 rod was straight , mainly because the power brake pedal change in 70 ,

also , I think  a midland with the band is correct for 67-68, and not the bendix with the crimp?

I have a bin box of about 6 original boosters,
I will check and see what I have

Kent

You can call the midland not really a midland from the stamp on it, I would say the clamp style booster because I have a lot of the clamp style aka midland boosters but not everyone says midland also they say fomoco or sometimes there is nothing on them. I will try to load all the different ones I have with the some small differences they have in some pictures in the forum.

@brandosaac if you dont need the boosters please let me know I would take them
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

TLea

Found one. Thanks to all. To clear it up 67/68 could have either midland or bendix depending on plant   Even though it says FoMoCo the band style is made by midland