News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

'69 Jade Black vert on BaT

Started by 2112, May 20, 2021, 02:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beautiful car. I am surprised it didn't get posted before I got to it.

BaT Essentials
Lot #48552
Seller: Warrenlu
Chassis: 9F03M481489
72k Miles Shown, TMU
351ci Windsor V8
FMX Select-Shift Automatic Transmission
Conventional Rear Axle w/ 3.00:1 Gearing
Black Jade
White Soft Top
White Knit Vinyl Upholstery
Woodgrain Trim
Power Front Disc Brakes
SelectAire Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Lucas Fog Lights
Deluxe Marti Report
Build Sheet
SAAC Paperwork
Spare Parts and Components
Private Party Or Dealer: Dealer

This 1969 Shelby Mustang GT350 convertible was first sold by Larson Ford in White Plains, New York, and it was reportedly acquired by the current owner in 2014. The car has been refinished in its factory Black Jade over white vinyl, and power is provided by a 351ci Windsor V8 paired with an FMX automatic transmission and a conventional rear end equipped with 3.00:1 gearing. Factory features include a roll bar, a white convertible top, woodgrain trim, an AM/FM radio, air conditioning, Lucas fog lights with lens covers, power steering, and power-assisted front disc brakes. This GT350 is now offered on dealer consignment with a build sheet, a Deluxe Marti Report, SAAC paperwork including and SAAC registry certificate, manuals, service records, spare parts, and a clean Washington title.

The Deluxe Marti report denotes that this is one of just 47 Shelby convertibles produced for the model year in Black Jade (65), and one of just 29 produced with this exterior and interior color combination. The selling dealer states that the exterior was refinished in the 1980s, and equipment includes white side stripes and a white convertible top, along with NACA-style hood inlets, Lucas fog lights with lens covers, color-matched mirror caps, sequential tail lights, a padded roll bar, and front and rear spoilers.

Shelby 15″ wheels wear Cobra-logo center caps and 215/70 BFGoodrich Radial T/A tires. A spare set of period Firestone Blue Oval tires are included in the sale and shown in the gallery below. Power-assisted steering and front disc brakes were optioned from the factory.

The interior features high-back front seats with white knit vinyl upholstery (FWA) as well as matching treatments for the rear bench and door panels. A factory AM/FM stereo is retained in the center stack, and the car is equipped with SelectAire air conditioning that has been converted to R134a.

Instrumentation includes a 140-mph speedometer, a tachometer, and gauges for fuel level, oil pressure, coolant temperature, and amperage. The five-digit odometer shows just over 72k miles, though actual mileage is unknown.

The 351ci Windsor V8 is topped with a stock aluminum intake single Holley four barrel carburetor, and is equipped with a ram-air intake assembly and Cobra-branded finned aluminum valve covers. Power is sent to the rear wheels through an FMX automatic transmission and a conventional rear end equipped with 3.00:1 gearing.

Bill

Better not let SWMBO see this one as it is identical to 2177.  ;D
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

silverton_ford

CharlesTurner

Not usually a big fan of white interiors, but think it looks very nice with that exterior color.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

69 GT350 Vert

Beautiful car.  I love how well the hood fits the fenders, and the lowered look.  it makes me think about lowering mine. 

Cool car.He sure does say all correct a lot in the vid.spoiler?

69 GT350 Vert

The reproduction vin tag on driver's door doesn't seem to be hurting the bidding. 

shelbymann1970

Quote from: 69 GT350 Vert on May 20, 2021, 06:21:29 PM
Beautiful car.  I love how well the hood fits the fenders, and the lowered look.  it makes me think about lowering mine.
I found not running any springs makes my hood almost perfect. We actually have the gaps too tight from the hood to the fenders but it looks great to me.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

FL SAAC

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on May 21, 2021, 08:07:50 AM
I found not running any springs makes my hood almost perfect. We actually have the gaps too tight from the hood to the fenders but it looks great to me.

don't recall but we put 67 or 68 springs on, less tension but allows the hood to stay open
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

I could live with a prop rod if it allowed me the fit Gary's hood has.

shelbymann1970

Quote from: FL SAAC on May 21, 2021, 08:31:27 AM
Quote from: shelbymann1970 on May 21, 2021, 08:07:50 AM

don't recall but we put 67 or 68 springs on, less tension but allows the hood to stay open
I have used the light tension springs on both my 68 and 70 Shelbys. They bow somewhat with the springs. Many years ago I left the light tension springs hooked up on my vert when it was stored for months at a friends house. When I went to see my car the hood was BOWED. Freaked me out. Took the springs off and the hood settled back down in due time. The light tension can be installed at shows by hand and also taken off of course with help from someone holding the hood all the way up. Here is my old 68 with no springs. sits flat in the back. With springs-slightly raised in the rear of hood and slight bow. Both pics no springs.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

shelbymann1970

Quote from: 2112 on May 21, 2021, 11:00:49 AM
I could live with a prop rod if it allowed me the fit Gary's hood has.
worst bowed hood belongs to my friends GT500. It actually looks better in the pic than it actually is(DS worse)
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

69 GT350 Vert

I'm thinking about buying a pair of these hinges that relieve the tension from the hood, but provide a spring effect to hold the hood up.  My car is just a driver.  I'm getting tired of fiddling with the chains.  The springs warp my hood also. 

https://www.eddiemotorsports.com/product-p/ms149-81.htm

Quote from: 69 GT350 Vert on May 21, 2021, 11:31:03 AM
I'm thinking about buying a pair of these hinges that relieve the tension from the hood, but provide a spring effect to hold the hood up.  My car is just a driver.  I'm getting tired of fiddling with the chains.  The springs warp my hood also. 

https://www.eddiemotorsports.com/product-p/ms149-81.htm

other than being polished (chromed), that is really cool.

Thank goodness we have been warned that it can cause reproductive harm if you live in the state of California.