News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

'69 Jade Black vert on BaT

Started by 2112, May 20, 2021, 02:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelby4Life

Looks like now it's on eBay...

I thought it sold on BAT?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154489767975
1967 Sprint 289 Auto, Deluxe, AC.
1967 S Code GTA Deluxe, AC.
2004 Gated 6-speed Ferrari 360.

Buyer must have failed to follow through.

shelbymann1970

Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Tired Sheep

Not even a little surprised

That auction was funny from start

Survivor

Ditto the previous response-this is what makes the auction/auction bidding process maddening.  I also felt the initial listing was "suspect".  Too bad...

shelbymann1970

THere is a 66 Shelby GT350 on BaT. Hertz car. Jumped from 15K to 125K in the first hour of the auction? THe bidder has bnid on a few cars but never bought one. I am NOT ACCUSING anyone of anything and the high bidder has bid on all different seller's cars(I've seen patterns the other way) so it probably is an honest bid. It wouldn't be hard for a friend who puts a car on a site to say hey, I got a reserve of 140K on my car. Can you bid 120K? It happens. I know for a fact. So how do you combat that? Well you bid to your max and hold to that. I have no problem with "shill" bidders as you should know they exist. I wonder if on some auctions the sellers just take the chance thinking they have a fish on the line and then the fish breaks it and they are stuck with the commission. They can afford it especially if the car is worth much more and they misread the audience at that time.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

Survivor

Stating the obvious here-but, several very wise and knowledgable pp in the hooby have told me do not, under any circumstances (usually), bid on/buy a car w/o first seeing and inspecting it first hand-or pay a trusted ally to do so.  You may lose a few good ones (and several bad ones along the way) but in the end it usually works to your advantage-esp. financially.  I've had to remind myself of that wisdom several times in my ongoing search for a '69/'70 vert.   

I kinda, accidentally bought a car off BaT based on pics and description only. (I was convinced the the reserve was higher and BaT kicked in the difference to make the sale go thru according to seller).

Turned out to be the nicest Vintage Mustang I have ever owned. It was everything the pics showed and more. It was also 1/3rd the cost of a Shelby so there is that.

YMMV.   8)

footnfan

I messaged the seller on ebay, he claims that the sale did not complete, hard to think that someone would have to pay the 5% fee, and then back down? Very strange. The fee is charged to your card the moment the auction ends, I don't think you can avoid paying the fee if you win an auction.

Shelby4Life

When I asked about the '74 engine that's currently in the car, he kept bringing up the correct date code block "available" for an additional $4500. Seemed weird to me.
1967 Sprint 289 Auto, Deluxe, AC.
1967 S Code GTA Deluxe, AC.
2004 Gated 6-speed Ferrari 360.

TOBKOB

1969 GT350 owned since 1970

shelbymann1970

He pushes the tires but those tires are not worth anything. He pushes a 4500 engine. I wouldn't pay 4500 for a rebuild 69 351W. He should get the engine and install it but he won't. He is a dealer. I still think it was worth close to what he is asking. There is a BIG difference between a #1-2 car and a #3-4 car and should also be price wise as to get to #1-2 status means spending a LOT of time disassembling and restoring "wear" components and such. fixing paint issues etc. Dealers many times push a shiny painted car with nice wheels on it  as show/museum car prices. Just my observation.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

427hunter

Looks like an okay car for the money, I doubt you could find one that presents as well for much cheper.
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

69 GT350 Vert

The car sits too low to drive, but it sure looks good down in the weeds.  I always wonder if cars like this one for sale had extensive rust repair or collision repair.  I'd want to have it looked at first up on a lift.

shelbymann1970

Quote from: 427hunter on June 13, 2021, 12:03:05 PM
Looks like an okay car for the money, I doubt you could find one that presents as well for much cheper.
The money isn't bad  for the car but like bob said what is it like underneath in the pics that were ont provided in the auction? If it did sell did the buyer go to get it and saw all that and walked away from 5K-his commission paid to BaT)?
Pet peeves I have of sellers:
Showing a part but not stating if correct or not-space savor in this car the pics conveniently do not show the marked tire size which is easy to read. cheap parts-20 dollar cheapo trunk mat in car screams car maintained on the cheap. Couldn't spring for the 100 dollar burtex one? Jack not assembled right in trunk(READ the jack instructions!). wrong J-hook  and D5 inflator so at one time I bet the whole trunk assembly was gone
Wrong hardware(check out the shock tower outer cover bolts(Button head and painted?)
CAUTION FAN sticker  :o
Now what bothers me is the BaT shots of the underside(I think I asked for some. He shows the 4 ribs on the pass side front pan but CUTS out the rear portion on the DS pic. On purpose as it appears a section was welded in. Trunk sound deadener doesn't look right on both quarter panels . BUT it appears to be a solid car going back over the pics. Not every car survived rust free but you want a structurally sound car. Sill a no more than a #2-#3 car in my book by the pics but say somewhere between a 2 and a 3. 116K for a 3 then subtract 10 percent for auto(-20 but add 10 for air). 162K for a #2 so between 105K to 146K if you want to use Hagerty as a tool. So I thought 113K was on the low side. I was thinking 125-135K but what do I know. These cars do not change hands that often and are hard to track. Gary

Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990