News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

68 gt 350 in va on 64

Started by gt350shelb, May 22, 2021, 08:07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gt350shelb

Its not mine or shelby dougs    anyone know   the car ?
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

shelbydoug

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

67 GT350

Great Signature:
"Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it ."

Looks like a Chevy truck towing it, thus it might not be good news for the Shelby as it may be in the hands of a flipper?
RARE  Signature Delete

Kent

Yes the flippers destroy the business and collector dreams. I think these cars have to go in good hands I´m always happy when I deal with serious people and long time owners and not those flippers who only see the money and have no ideas about the cars. But the real classic car guy is a seldom specicies in these days.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

TedS

Quote from: 67 GT350 on May 22, 2021, 12:01:20 PM

Looks like a Chevy truck towing it, thus it might not be good news for the Shelby as it may be in the hands of a flipper?
I tow our car all the time with a Chevy Suburban and I sure ain't flippin'. What ever the case it looks like the car in question is coming from somewhere not-so-good. Hopefully going to a better place. That can't be but so bad.

Ted

67 GT350

Quote from: TedS on May 23, 2021, 05:57:15 PM
Quote from: 67 GT350 on May 22, 2021, 12:01:20 PM

I tow our car all the time with a Chevy Suburban and I'm sure ain't flippin'. What ever the case it looks like the car in question is coming from somewhere not-so-good. Hopefully going to a better place. That can't be but so bad.

Ted

Hmmm, real Ford guys do not place a Shelby on anything but a Ford....

Dont get too alarmed, I am just doing some &^%( stirring.....Don't bite my head off.
RARE  Signature Delete

TedS

No problem, I started driving big 4-wheel drive wagons (Jeep Wagoneers) back in the 70's when they were about the only vehicle of its type. They quit making them so I switched to Suburbans in 1996. I don't think Ford came out with the Excursions until late 1999. I drove the first Suburban for 16 years and the second for 8. I still have it and have bought a third. None have ever let me down.

But back to the thread. It could be that the GT350 is being saved from obscutity by a dedicated Shelby fan that had to call on a Chevy friend to tow it home. My Corvette friend helped me get my Shelby road-worthy again and I will forever be grateful. Maybe there will be a future post that will tell the true story.

Regards
Ted

S7MS427

Quote from: TedS on May 24, 2021, 07:37:01 AM
But back to the thread. It could be that the GT350 is being saved from obscurity by a dedicated Shelby fan that had to call on a Chevy friend to tow it home. My Corvette friend helped me get my Shelby road-worthy again and I will forever be grateful. Maybe there will be a future post that will tell the true story.

Regards
Ted
Ted,

Would love to here that story.  Every car has its own story and each is unique.  A friend helped get my Shelby home after I bought it (picture a '69 coupe towing a '67 G.T.500).  I also helped a local friend get his '61 Vette running.  For a bow-tie, it was a pretty neat car.  He still owns it today, and I still own my '67, 43 and a half years later.  You can read the stories about my cars on my website.
Roy Simkins
http://www.s-techent.com/Shelby.htm
1966 G.T.350H SFM6S817
1967 G.T.500 67400F7A03040

68krrrr

Oh wow thanks Roy just checked out your link good stuff
Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled