News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

68 GT350 parts wanted auto vert. UPDATED

Started by shelbymann1970, May 26, 2021, 12:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbymann1970

OK, here is an UPDATED list for my friend's GT350 auto vert. Some parts he has already bought off of SAAC members here like rocker moldings, DS side scoop, hood locks dash assy, wheels, etc.  Thanks for all of you who responded and who sold him parts.  By the parts he has bought so far he is really serious on having one of the best 68 GT350 verts around.  Gary
)set of SHELBY letters
)battery hold down bracket
)Emco vacuum port deep coated
)complete exhaust
)pass window vent gasket(triangle)
)Bumper bolts
)Used stainless moldings
)NOS right exhaust manifold C6OE
)Emblem for gas cap
)steering wheel wood center with chrome
)Possible perfect or mint steering wheel
)right fiberglass scoop
)front short window cranks
)black vert kick panels
)NOS deluxe door panels
)drivers door chrome pull handle
)Bake lite carb spacer for 302
)door seals NOS both sides
)Floor reinforcement plate and bolts (65-69 verts)
)NOS quarter panel jam to window seals both sides
)Shelby hubcaps
)original fuel sender
)button top fuel pump (car is a march 13 build  engine is a end of Feb/beginning of March build)

Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Rukiddin

Only NOS parts or good/original? I have vacuum advance,etc.

Grumpy

shelbymann1970

I believe he has gotten sill plates from Bob Perkins this weekend meeting up with him at Carlisle. I think he is also interested in good original  but won't talk to him until Sunday. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

TA Coupe

It would be very nice if you could type out his list because a lot of it is very hard to read.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

shelbymann1970

Quote from: TA Coupe on June 05, 2021, 07:01:09 AM
It would be very nice if you could type out his list because a lot of it is very hard to read.

Roy
I don't understand some things on the list(notes). I have asked him. He is a doctor so that should explain why it is hard to read. He has bought a lot also and I need to touch base as he has been buying $$$$$ last week on the way to Carlisle and at Carlisle from vendors and meeting up with some. Hopefully I will get an updated list in the next couple of days. My Daughter got married over the weekend and he got back and had a graduation for one of his Daughters over the weekend. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

Special Ed

I took him parts for his shelby and boss 429 and he picked up many parts at carlisle so his new list should be much shorter now. Carlisle had a huge crowd this year but it is becoming more of a  big car show event than a swap meet. Guys are buying  swap meet spots in the swap meet field just to park their car or truck or camper and dont even bring parts to sell. Every year the number of vendors that bring parts to sell  gets smaller yet the field is full of  parked vehicles and u waste a lot of time walking and dragging parts around the field. Carlisle has been slowly moving vendors from the north side short rows to the long south side vendor rows but some vendors want to keep their original spots so parts buyers know where they are every year.

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Special Ed on June 07, 2021, 10:35:50 AM
I took him parts for his shelby and boss 429 and he picked up many parts at carlisle so his new list should be much shorter now. Carlisle had a huge crowd this year but it is becoming more of a  big car show event than a swap meet. Guys are buying  swap meet spots in the swap meet field just to park their car or truck or camper and dont even bring parts to sell. Every year the number of vendors that bring parts to sell  gets smaller yet the field is full of  parked vehicles and u waste a lot of time walking and dragging parts around the field. Carlisle has been slowly moving vendors from the north side short rows to the long south side vendor rows but some vendors want to keep their original spots so parts buyers know where they are every year.
He has been VERY MAD at his money lately  ;D ;D ;D. I'm glad you had some B9 parts for him. Tom and I have been ragging him on getting parts and finishing up the B9 to the level it should be at especially since he has that new Shelby project. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

shelbymann1970

Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

mk31755

the exhaust he should get from Scott fuller

shelbymann1970

Quote from: mk31755 on June 08, 2021, 06:35:28 AM
the exhaust he should get from Scott fuller
no matter how good a repo part is my friend always wants original parts first if he can find them. He got that way owning a survivor 69 Boss 429 with original paint plus a few brand X original paint cars he owns. I'm sure he will end up with a Fuller exhaust when the time comes. He bought a NOS pos battery cable from Bob Perkins and he was told by Bob the neg is just not out there so he will probably have to "improvise" on that piece. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

Special Ed

I have 6 items on his 68 list here and a set of original take off tailpipes if needed. I took him some parts that i could find and what i could read on his hand written hard to read list. I am in the middle of moving my inventory out of shop that is being sold now and now i got to move out of my town storage building that is also being sold so i am going to rent the old ford dealership building in town for now till i can build a building on my land. Problem is i know where I put my parts but when other people help u move they dont know where they put your parts or what part it is so much of my inventory is mixed up so some stuff is hard to find till i get moved into new location.

shlb69

Should have steering wheel and other parts.  Also have b429

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Special Ed on June 08, 2021, 10:49:43 AM
I have 6 items on his 68 list here and a set of original take off tailpipes if needed. I took him some parts that i could find and what i could read on his hand written hard to read list. I am in the middle of moving my inventory out of shop that is being sold now and now i got to move out of my town storage building that is also being sold so i am going to rent the old ford dealership building in town for now till i can build a building on my land. Problem is i know where I put my parts but when other people help u move they dont know where they put your parts or what part it is so much of my inventory is mixed up so some stuff is hard to find till i get moved into new location.
I have a 2.5 car garage and an attic with a "few" parts and I can't find parts sometimes(misplaced 69 license plate screws/plastic inserts I bought for the Mach1 and looked for an hour yesterday). I'm hoping the ones I got from you for my Shelby are in my trunk along with space savor lug nuts or I'm going to give up on cars. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

Special Ed

I have cars and parts in 10 spots within 5 miles of my house over last 40 years and when i put a part somewhere i remember where its at  BUT when other people move your inventory they dont care where  they put it or what it is to them its just another part. So hopefully my next move i will find parts that are buried that i havent been able to find. This mainly happened last oct when people helped me get ready for the tour from our french lick indiana fall classic show as we had car guys come in from all over usa and i was too busy working on cars for show and couldnt help but they did a good job moving things around so people could see some of my junk!!