News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1965 -1968 Floor Pans

Started by ramrace, May 28, 2021, 01:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramrace

What is the difference between the original floor pans and the reproducion floor pans.  Repo OK for Division 1?  Pictures would be helpful.

Tired Sheep

Division 1 and Division 2 are out dated concepts

After 27 years, SAAC should consider a concours overhaul, but dont hold your breathe

Having said that NO reproduction parts are allowed in a Division 1 car

64kcode

64.5 & 65 floor pans are not the same as 67-68 floor pans as 64.5 & 65 pans that have the e brake cable humps for clearance between the frame rail and floor pan , and  have the dip behind the shifter hole for the back up light harness,  67-68 do not have any of these features , aftermarket 65-68 fastback and coupe full floor pans need to have these areas grafted in to them to be correct for a 64.5 & 65 models , here are pictures of a full pan i installed on a 65 fastback you can see the e brake humps and dip behind the shifter hole that were grafted in .

KR500

1967 and very early 68's floor pans are the same ( left over 67's? ). The rest of 1968M/Y is different, additional ribbing.
Rodney
Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267

67 GT350

One word, Yikes!

I just want a nice driver!

Thats what I was asking the guy with the carryover about, brake humps were missing, yet was told that the floor was original. Naughty car!
RARE  Signature Delete

64kcode

Quote from: 67 GT350 on May 28, 2021, 07:59:32 PM
One word, Yikes!

I just want a nice driver!

Thats what I was asking the guy with the carryover about, brake humps were missing, yet was told that the floor was original. Naughty car!
Yes i would think a carryover car would have e brake humps, 66 year cables routed under the frame rail but not sure when the humps were deleted from the pan, regardless a 66 would still have the dip behind the shifter hole, i know of a 66 Shelby that has a aftermarket pan installed it will be interesting to see if the areas mentioned will be corrected on the car .

J_Speegle

Quote from: 67 GT350 on May 28, 2021, 07:59:32 PM
One word, Yikes!

I just want a nice driver!..................

Your the one that started out with questions about the replacement floors being good enough for show cars :)

++++++++++

For the given thread title there are a number of different floor designs and many of them were not changed at the production year change over. Read running changes. 

For the first floor design the routing of the E brake cable proceeded the change in the floor pan design. The elimination of the "tunnel" design in the floor pan was phased out in very late 65 San Jose production. Couple of other changes that took place at or around the same time of course

Another change took place between the  early 67 floors and later 67 floors which continued into 68 production.  Thought I posted this to a thread on this site but didn't find it with a quick search attempt but here is the same on CFM. We're narrowing down when the change took place at San Jose but the large number of floors being replaced on examples over the years has made it more difficult and has reduced the number of samples compared to other running changes that year. This goes for every year especially Shelby's when compared to Mustangs

https://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=18111.0
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge