News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

The future Mustang drag cars?

Started by deathsled, June 27, 2021, 07:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: Kent on June 29, 2021, 03:04:43 AM
If Ford would sponsor me a electric Cobra Jet I would take it,......
Dealership ties matter Tasca is the favorite son right now. They cut John Force's money when Tasca came and said we'd like to run a drag car. Force couldn't race on the money they left on the table so he went elsewhere - after 29 years with Ford.
It's the new WOKE Ford - maybe if you are an internet influencer with a million pre teen followers they'll let you test one.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

Drag car's as we once knew them burning fossil fuels are done.  The Energizer Bunny is now at the wheels and in control.

"Ah! my poor children, known, ah, known too well,
The quest that brings you hither and your need.
Ye sicken all, well wot I, yet my pain,
How great soever yours, outtops it all."
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

427heaven

Having raced most every vehicle that had an engine in it for the past 50 years slants my opinion about race vehicles. Sure there are new technologies that are fast but OOOOH how boring, like watching that e- jet whistle down the track. For the few on here that love race vehicles, can you imagine going to a drag race, sprint car race, stock car race, moto cross, go cart, mini bike, drag boat races and listen to that sleepy whiney electric motor without the thunder of a highly tuned petrol burning engine! Count me out and all my cronies running everything that makes the hair hair on your arms stand straight up with goose bumps on a good run! ;D

FL SAAC

I hole heartedly agree, nothing sound better than internal combustion engine  firing on all it's cylinders.  The aromatic smell of fossil fuels (especially if blended with additives) is a instant transportation to back in the day Miami Hollywood Speedway, the Hialeah Race Track, Gator Nationals,  Moroso Speedway and some other unsanctioned/ unmentionable event in land and sea.

But the writing is on the wall, the city just approved electric cars racing again on the streets,  their big selling point to the "neighbors" was that these new race cars are silent or will whisper through the blocked streets.

Guess who is not going to see these whisperers ?   

Quote from: 427heaven on June 29, 2021, 03:25:20 PM
Having raced most every vehicle that had an engine in it for the past 50 years slants my opinion about race vehicles. Sure there are new technologies that are fast but OOOOH how boring, like watching that e- jet whistle down the track. For the few on here that love race vehicles, can you imagine going to a drag race, sprint car race, stock car race, moto cross, go cart, mini bike, drag boat races and listen to that sleepy whiney electric motor without the thunder of a highly tuned petrol burning engine! Count me out and all my cronies running everything that makes the hair hair on your arms stand straight up with goose bumps on a good run! ;D

I have all UNGOLD cars

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: 427heaven on June 29, 2021, 03:25:20 PM....can you imagine going to a drag race, sprint car race, stock car race, moto cross, go cart, mini bike, drag boat races and listen to that sleepy whiney electric motor .....
Just think back at how good Formula 5000 sounded/felt. REAL American pushrod "stock block" V8s thundering along with 800hp rattling the stands.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

Look at this video for Formula E ( great eye candy that's it )

Watch "Welcome to Miami, Formula E!" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/ywd1lnOVpgw

Look at the actual Formula E race with the whisperers running

Watch "Formula E - 2015 Miami ePrix - Highlights" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/SQ7yT4q2WdE

I have all UNGOLD cars

Don Johnston

So do they change battery packs along with tires at pit stops?  Makes me visualize a pair of black lines down the center of the course with the crew chief using a slot car controller.

Can you imagine a NASCAR with e-cars?    ::)

FL SAAC

Quote from: Don Johnston on June 29, 2021, 05:20:25 PM
So do they change battery packs along with tires at pit stops?  Makes me visualize a pair of black lines down the center of the course with the crew chief using a slot car controller.

Can you imagine a NASCAR with e-cars?    ::)

One word and one word only : "SANITIZED"

I have all UNGOLD cars