News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Great driving songs. What is your top song to drive to?

Started by deathsled, May 31, 2021, 01:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Johnston

When starting the car and letting it warm up: "Start Me Up",  Rolling Stones;
Easing out o the garage and down the neighborhood  or  at cruise night parking lot: "Slow Ride", Foghat;
At speed, or better, on the highway: "I Can't Drive 55", Sammy Haggar;
Track time: "Going The Distance", Cake.

8)

CSX4005LA

John Sandford's Prey series character Lucas Davenport had a list of "road trip" songs

I collected them on one trip (those I had, not all) and it was a pretty good mix

http://www.johnsandford.org/listofsongs.html

FL SAAC

Two Tickets to Paradise by Eduardo Money

There we where heading south into the keys on a long weekend many moons ago. Dennis driving his road runner and me sitting shot gun.  We get to his girlfriend's gated and secured complex.  Check point Charlie does not let us in because it's after midnight. We are running, after a few words with CC he says he is calling the sherrif. We start leaving, Dennis yells at the guard "hey do you have a match ?" The guards yells back NO !

Dennis yells back "well I do...my a$$ and your face" proceeds to light up the road runners tires, we exit. Soon we are on the old 7 mile bridge attempting to find a place to stay. Now Dennis was a bit on the happy side and gently kisses the bridge creasing the passenger side quarter panel,  poops.  Still on the 7 mile bridge, Dennis decides to make a u turn, oh no !

Well he does and on the way back we meet FHP doing a road sobriety test. We are stopped. FHP trooper says boys where y'all heading?

We tell him our story, meeting girlfriends,  couldn't get in to site. FHPshakes his head, says drive safely and let's us go. Slept in the car by the beach, morning came and the mosquitoes had withdrawn half our blood. True short story of what happened

Eddie Money - Two Tickets to Paradise (HQ)
https://youtu.be/BRKZ565Tp4E
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

mark p

"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

Side-Oilers

"Burn" by Deep Purple. 

"Bang a Gong" by T-Rex. 
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

429rb

Red Barchetta by Rush.  Especially the live version from late 70's that starts with "this is a song about a car!!!!"  Burned in memory... 

deathsled

Don't Cry by Guns n Roses...for obvious reasons. Tried to play it on my phone today while driving the Hertz but couldn't hear it over the exhaust with the window down.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Quote from: FL SAAC on June 05, 2021, 09:13:44 AM
Two Tickets to Paradise by Eduardo Money

There we where heading south into the keys on a long weekend many moons ago. Dennis driving his road runner and me sitting shot gun.  We get to his girlfriend's gated and secured complex.  Check point Charlie does not let us in because it's after midnight. We are running, after a few words with CC he says he is calling the sherrif. We start leaving, Dennis yells at the guard "hey do you have a match ?" The guards yells back NO !

Dennis yells back "well I do...my a$$ and your face" proceeds to light up the road runners tires, we exit. Soon we are on the old 7 mile bridge attempting to find a place to stay. Now Dennis was a bit on the happy side and gently kisses the bridge creasing the passenger side quarter panel,  poops.  Still on the 7 mile bridge, Dennis decides to make a u turn, oh no !

Well he does and on the way back we meet FHP doing a road sobriety test. We are stopped. FHP trooper says boys where y'all heading?

We tell him our story, meeting girlfriends,  couldn't get in to site. FHPshakes his head, says drive safely and let's us go. Slept in the car by the beach, morning came and the mosquitoes had withdrawn half our blood. True short story of what happened

Eddie Money - Two Tickets to Paradise (HQ).    Edward Mahoney.....
https://youtu.be/BRKZ565Tp4E

KR500

Highway Star, Deep Purple and I Can't Drive 55, Sammy Hagar
Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267

69mach351w

Thunderstuck, AC/DC.

Won't get Fooled Again, The Who.

Longtime, Boston.

Photograph, Def Leppard.

ANYTHING by Motley Crue or Rush   8)

Love to hear Keith Moon or Neil Peart play the drums while driving ;) 8)

68stangcjfb

You Can't Catch Me. Chuck Berry. Turbo Lover, Heading Out To The Highway. Judas Priest. Fire Your Guns. AC/DC. Hey Little Cobra and Mustang Sally of course. And a thousand more!
68 1/2 CJ Mustang GT FB auto 3.91s 68 1/2 CJ Torino GT FB 3.91s 60 Thunderbird 64 Falcon Sprint conv. 4Spd 65 Falcon Sedan Delivery 67 Fairlane 500 SW 428 4Spd, 68 Torino 4dr 95 Thunderbird SC. 89 F250 Supercab 2wd, 98 Mustang conv. 99 Jeep Cherokee 2002 Thunderbird. 96 Harley FLSTN Heritage Special

mark p

"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

FL SAAC

Alright,  alright, alright,  this is the ultimate driving song:

Tiestos Trance Zero 76

This is the short version, because the extended version will blow your head up....boom !

Watch "Ti'sto & Hardwell - Zero 76 (Official Music Video)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/wfR0waKcuA0
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

corbins