Author Topic: Mustang purchase causes a divorce  (Read 1517 times)

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Mustang purchase causes a divorce
« on: June 05, 2021, 08:34:41 PM »
Without naming names, I heard from a lawyer yesterday that a guy went and bought a new Mustang and when the wife found out about it, his action precipitated a divorce.  Personally, I think it was a good move for him.  An equitable exchange, shall I say.  He gains a Mustang and loses her.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
Re: Mustang purchase causes a divorce
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2021, 08:53:54 PM »
The wife and her attorney will get the Mustang.

Still worth it.

429rb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2021, 08:06:18 AM »
Years ago i was chasing a Cougar Eliminator that was for sale.  Car was a long term project over several owners.  Seems the owners wound up divorced during ownership of the car.  The car earned the nickname "The Wife Eliminator"...

Still cracks me up.

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2021, 08:35:06 AM »
Years ago I was at a local car show with my 68 GT350. It was getting a lot of attention.
At one point a young guy, i.e., early 20's, came up to me and privately asked if he could privately show my car to his "girl friend". I told him yes.

When he brought her, I watched the scenario and in the end she said, "so what...big deal...it's a 'Camaro'!". He just looked at me and I shrugged my shoulders.

In describing this to a friend later, he asked me what what I told the "kid" afterwards. I said, "don't marry her". ;)

There is also a story from the '70s where one of our SAAC members bought a '68 Shelby and his wife took a baseball bat and attacked it.

"...and the 'old folks' say...it just goes to show that you never can tell!" - Chuck Berry  8)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 08:37:46 AM by shelbydoug »
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Grumpy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2021, 12:45:29 PM »
Back in 86/87 we had a "few" Buick GN's in the driveway. Well one day wife and I had a ummm lets say a disagreement . Later I was working in the garage an she came storming out of the house. Ya she was still pissed. Well she jumped into her car an the key wouldn't turn. Me... "honey that's not your car".. Yours is beside it  ;D   

Side-Oilers

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2021, 05:03:40 PM »
Grumpy:  And then what happened?
Current:
2006 FGT. Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model 3-spd stick

Grumpy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2021, 04:54:16 PM »
Grumpy:  And then what happened?

After she saw me and my daughter laughing at her pissed her off even more. Came home later with shopping bags and everything was good. Well for that day anyway  ;D She did put up with a lotta crap from me over the years  ;)  We did some compromising here an there. Back in 75 she wanted to have a daughter really bad. Well I wanted a 427 Cobra. I got my cobra first and the next day my daughter was born. Wow does time fly by !