News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

repop Magstars

Started by Doog 427, June 07, 2021, 10:31:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doog 427

Hi    hope everyone is well

I may buy some newer Magstars, best price I think is CJ Pony Parts $179.00 each, are these any good? Do they last? is chrome finish durable

https://www.cjponyparts.com/legendary-wheel-co-shelby-magstar-alloy-wheel-15-x7-black-machined-1965-1973/p/W121-V/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwvr6EBhDOARIsAPpqUPElLTmypLWtzryZehI5tPFyot3L64UTtS0W1LxAOKvMuG_LXR_9UWQaAq5-EALw_wcB#228=2582

TY
Steve

GT350DAVE

This is a one piece aluminum wheel and I do not recommend them for a Shelby. They do not look the same. The originals had an aluminum center with a chrome plated steel rim. The closest to original are the Paradise Wheels.
Dave
Support the SAAC Registry

greekz

Quote from: GT350DAVE on June 07, 2021, 10:38:55 AM
This is a one piece aluminum wheel and I do not recommend them for a Shelby. They do not look the same. The originals had an aluminum center with a chrome plated steel rim. The closest to original are the Paradise Wheels.
Dave

I bought a set from Craig several years ago.  The wheels still look great!  No substitute for quality.

Greek
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

67 GT350

My experience with CJ is, lets just say, I do not buy anything from them anymore. I bought a set of wheels and by the time I needed them for use on my car, I discovered that 2 were bent. I had to bite it and buy 2 more.
RARE  Signature Delete

Doog 427

Hi

OK very good feedback appreciate it, will not get CJ ones, Looked at Paradise Wheels see how long takes to get 2 of them. Would prefer 2 used ones have another post on "parts wanted" but none found so far

TY
Steve
1 800 611 031 ext #1
Home office

Krelboyne

Legendary Magstar II's - made and sold by Holley Performance Products - formerly Scott Drake.
Scott Behncke - Carchaeologist @ WCCC

Doog 427

Hi

I understand the Paradise Wheel 1967 Magstar is much better don't have reply from them yet, web site says customs order, could be a while to get them and $450.00 each x 2 = $900.00. I wanted opinion if I order the legendary Magstars yes they are aluminum but could get 4 for $800.00 and would all look same, thoughts?

TY
Steve

GT350DAVE

They don't look the same. The polished aluminum does not look like chrome. I would rather use old crappy Magstars if you can't afford the new wheels. I may know of a set.
Dave
Support the SAAC Registry

Doog 427

Hi Dave

I would love an old set Magstars can you connect me? e-mail also sent

TY
Steve
1 800 611 0311  ext #1