News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Heater hose color and changeover date

Started by Bossbill, June 07, 2021, 01:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bossbill

A follow up on just the heater hose. The thread follow up is from the link by 68krrrr and from which I've removed non-applicable comments for this thread.

I'm always confused by the term mid-year as it seems to move a bit depending on the topic. Is mid-year around the time of the steering column brake line re-route? This coincides closely with the washer bag to plastic molded container change.

Would a Ford build date of late February (asking for another) or early March car (mine) work as the changeover date from white to red? Or am I in squishy territory?

Quote from: Bob Gaines on March 28, 2020, 10:15:18 PM
Quote from: 68krrrr on March 28, 2020, 09:51:35 PM
[Remove non-applicable comments]

1.I got the red stripped heater hoses even though Marti Works called me & said those aren't for 67's but i saw a thread where you guys said get the red & not the white ones correct.

Red stripe hose are fine for a mid production 67 Shelby as long as they are solid stripe . 68 started to have a date code alternating with the stripe.
Bill

67 GT350 Actual Build 3/2/67  01375
70 B302   6/6/70  0T02G160xxx

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Bossbill on June 07, 2021, 01:32:32 PM
A follow up on just the heater hose. The thread follow up is from the link by 68krrrr and from which I've removed non-applicable comments for this thread.

I'm always confused by the term mid-year as it seems to move a bit depending on the topic. Is mid-year around the time of the steering column brake line re-route? This coincides closely with the washer bag to plastic molded container change.

Would a Ford build date of late February (asking for another) or early March car (mine) work as the changeover date from white to red? Or am I in squishy territory?

Quote from: Bob Gaines on March 28, 2020, 10:15:18 PM
Quote from: 68krrrr on March 28, 2020, 09:51:35 PM

1.I got the red stripped heater hoses even though Marti Works called me & said those aren't for 67's but i saw a thread where you guys said get the red & not the white ones correct.

Red stripe hose are fine for a mid production 67 Shelby as long as they are solid stripe . 68 started to have a date code alternating with the stripe.
The change over from white to red happened very early in 67 production. Shortly after 67 production began the changeover using up the white striped stock and changing over to red began it seems from various examples. One example is #0001 which had one white hose and one red stripe heater hose still attached to the heater box with date correct tower clamps. I don't believe it was too long, maybe weeks or a month before the red hose became the typical. With that said i think it is doubtful that many white hose usage pursisted much after NOV/DEC 1966. Just my opinion based on the examples that i have seen. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bossbill

Thanks Bob.
I always like to hear your responses as they are so complete!
Bill

67 GT350 Actual Build 3/2/67  01375
70 B302   6/6/70  0T02G160xxx

S412gofast

1967 GT350 01341, FORD Build: 2/28/67 ; SAI Build 3/28/67
1966 GT 2+2, 4spd, PS, tinted windows, Raven Black w/Black Pony interior; FORD Build: 10/11/65
1986 SVO, Oxford White w/Leather interior
1987 Saleen #132 Dark Gray Metallic