Author Topic: Fog lights harness routing  (Read 1309 times)

corbins

• View Profile
Fog lights harness routing
« on: June 07, 2021, 03:17:17 PM »
Hey, can someone post a couple of pics of the routing for the fog light harness from firewall to lights?  I'm waiting for the electrical manual and supplement to come in and just wanted to see how this thing was run.

Thanks for any help !!
Steve

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: Fog lights harness routing
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 03:35:06 PM »
Hey, can someone post a couple of pics of the routing for the fog light harness from firewall to lights?  I'm waiting for the electrical manual and supplement to come in and just wanted to see how this thing was run.

Thanks for any help !!
Steve
Just so as to get you prepared so that you are not surprised when you receive your manuals the electrical manual does not show any Shelby unique wiring. The 69 Shelby shop manual supplement only shows a basic schematic of the harness and not how it is laid out in the car.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

corbins

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 03:40:24 PM »
Oh sh**t !  Guess I'll need to find a good car to look at ....  thanks man !

Soooo....anyone in the Richmond, Fredericksburg Va area with a 69 500 ?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 03:42:49 PM by corbins »

69 GT350 Vert

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2021, 10:33:23 PM »
I think routing is the same regardless of 350, 500, vert, or fb.  I believe it passes through dedicated hole in firewall,  strapped to right shock tower, and likely right export brace.  Passes through alternator harness plastic harness retainer.  Ground for fog light harness goes under voltage regulator mount bolt.  Harness passes through hole in radiator support under battery, and is held with headlight harness plastic clips along bottom of radiator support.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 10:44:34 PM by 69 GT350 Vert »

corbins

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2021, 07:56:29 AM »
Thanks 69 Vert !  good help ! you wouldn't have a close up of that fire wall hole would you ?

69 GT350 Vert

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2021, 09:21:52 AM »
It is the hole closest to the heater hoses in this photo.  The rubber grommet of fog light harness isn't pressed into the hole in firewall in this photo.