Author Topic: front lower Shelby shoulder harness bolts and repro scuff plates  (Read 1607 times)

V8Dave

• View Profile
Hello everyone.
I am hoping for some guidance and help regarding some parts.
 First question I am looking to purchase some reproduction scuff plates what type would you recommend based on fit and finish are best and where is best to buy them from I was looking at the ford tooling aluminum Daniel carpenter ones however I always value the opinions of people on this site that have a wealth of knowledge.
My second question is regarding the front lower 67 Shelby seat belt bolts. I have purchased all new seat belt bolts from Amk however after looking at the ford manuals and the Shelby assembly manual the bolt looks different as to what was used for the rear seat belts. It appears longer and to have less of a shoulder on the bolt, if you try to used the same seat belt bolts as the rear the spacer used between the harness belt anchor and the lap belt anchor will not go over the threads (the bolts to big or the spacer is to small on the id) so I looked in the manuals and the bolt that looks like what was used on the Shelby mustangs and factory mustangs with the shoulder belt option is longer and thinner.
The part number in the ford and Shelby manuals is #381873-s100 however I can not appear to find them anywhere. Does someone have a photo of the bolts used from factory and where I can find them as I have taken mine out and put them somewhere safe while cleaning my seat belts and can not find them again :-\
Any help is much appreciated as always.
Many thanks and stay safe.
Dave

V8Dave

• View Profile
Re: front lower Shelby shoulder harness bolts and repro scuff plates
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 07:55:42 PM »
I searched on the forum  again today and found a thread from 2018 ( didn't find it the other night before I posted this question)where someone else asks the same question regarding the  harness bolts.It appears the bolts used for mounting the Shelby shoulder harnesses at the front lower floor are the same as ford used on mustangs equipped with the shoulder belt option from the factory but just double the quantity 2 for mustangs 4 for shelbys.
I believe they are hex head 7/16-20 and 1 3/4 long. Would anyone happen to have a source on where to buy these from also if someone has a picture they could post.
Many thanks
Dave.

S7MS427

• View Profile
    • S-Tech Enterprises, LLC
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 10:35:58 PM »
V8Dave,

You might try AMK (amkproducts.com).  It does look like they have them.  If you can't meet the minimum buy, try Virginia Classic Mustang (virginiaclassicmustang.com).
Roy Simkins
http://www.S-TechEnt.com/Shelby.htm
1966 G.T.350H SFM6S817
1967 G.T.500 67400F7A03040

V8Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2021, 07:09:09 PM »
Hello Roy
Thanks for the reply. I have tried both amk products and Virginia classic mustang however I can not seem to locate them at all. I managed to find 3 of my original bolts today and spacers used however I am still one spacer and bolt short.
On the Amk website it shows a corse thread torx head bolt for the shoulder harnesses which I believe is incorrect.
I will post some pictures of the bolt I am looking for below(short bolt is standard lap belt 67 bolts). Maybe they was used on Mercury Cougars and fairlanes as well as the Mustangs in 67. Maybe even some early 68 shelbys maybe?
Thanks for the help Roy.
Kind regards
Dave
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 07:11:00 PM by V8Dave »

S7MS427

• View Profile
    • S-Tech Enterprises, LLC
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2021, 07:21:22 PM »
The only time you can know for sure where every part to your car is is when it is altogether.  Trying to locate those parts at any other time is a real challenge.  You might have to make a call to the vendor and explains your situation.  Maybe they have what you are looking for laying around in the shop somewhere.  Good luck with the search.
Roy Simkins
http://www.S-TechEnt.com/Shelby.htm
1966 G.T.350H SFM6S817
1967 G.T.500 67400F7A03040

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2021, 08:06:45 PM »
Try West Coast Cougar for some used ones.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

V8Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2021, 08:02:04 AM »
Thanks bob for the help and advice.
Just out of curiosity did they use the same floor seat belt anchor bolts in the early 68 shelbys as well or did they change the bolts with the design change of the retractor belts.