Author Topic: Yet another shameful example...  (Read 8725 times)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Yet another shameful example...
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2021, 04:20:42 PM »
Whoever had the original car stolen from them needs to go claim this one. I've seen where cars stolen 20 years ago were found and returned to the original owner. He may have to pay back the insurance. I wonder if the stolen 68 tag is covering the VIN of a stolen 67?

Depending on state laws, prosecution of the persons who stole the vehicle may be barred after so many years. However, the lawful owner of the vehicle still owns the alleged stolen vehicle.

Whether the person that currently holds title is the thief or not, does not own the vehicle regardless of how much time has passed.

Possibly at the time of theft the owner had no insurance or possibly the insurance paid it off. So either it goes back to the original owner or the insurance company.

What the person who knows about this vehicle should do , if you know where the vehicle is and have proofs that at one point it was reported missing or stolen, is to contact the police where the vehicle is and ask the police to recover or look into this situation.
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

68stangcjfb

• SAAC Member
  • Long Island New York
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2021, 05:08:49 PM »
It is a NY plate. I'm just wondering if it was taken in NY and if so , where in NY.
68 1/2 CJ Mustang GT FB auto 3.91s 68 1/2 CJ Torino GT FB 3.91s 60 Thunderbird 64 Falcon Sprint conv. 4Spd 65 Falcon Sedan Delivery 67 Fairlane 500 SW 428 4Spd, 68 Torino 4dr 95 Thunderbird SC. 89 F250 Supercab 2wd, 98 Mustang conv. 99 Jeep Cherokee 2002 Thunderbird. 96 Harley FLSTN Heritage Special

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2021, 05:26:08 PM »
The photos were taken yesterday in Massapequa, NY

The people that took the photographs are fully aware of what is going on and have contacted the original owner and law enforcement.

I do not know what the current owner knows or what his involvement is. His name is also known, as it was clearly written on the car show registration.

I am not accusing him of anything, but hopefully there is some proper follow up.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 05:28:28 PM by Coralsnake »

68stangcjfb

• SAAC Member
  • Long Island New York
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2021, 06:03:41 PM »
I would have probably been at that show if I didn't get stuck working. If it shows up at another local show, I will look at it.
68 1/2 CJ Mustang GT FB auto 3.91s 68 1/2 CJ Torino GT FB 3.91s 60 Thunderbird 64 Falcon Sprint conv. 4Spd 65 Falcon Sedan Delivery 67 Fairlane 500 SW 428 4Spd, 68 Torino 4dr 95 Thunderbird SC. 89 F250 Supercab 2wd, 98 Mustang conv. 99 Jeep Cherokee 2002 Thunderbird. 96 Harley FLSTN Heritage Special

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2021, 06:31:56 PM »
What floors me from the get-go is seeing a car of this stature that has sit in the summer heat and winter frozen ground for years until the "freeze and thaw" has the center of the wheels level with the ground :o

Shelby's have been thrusted into the epitome of the musclecar market since the late 80's/early 90's and since have hit the stratosphere. 

So to see this 68 Shelby up to it's spindles in dirt is #@%& !!

This 68 should have had someone rescue it years ago to take it away from this rediculous intention.

68stangcjfb

• SAAC Member
  • Long Island New York
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2021, 06:36:13 PM »
I don't have my registry handy. Is that the car that was stolen out of Freeport L.I. that was sitting in a front yard behind a chain link fence years ago?

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2021, 06:38:21 PM »
What floors me from the get-go is seeing a car of this stature that has sit in the summer heat and winter frozen ground for years until the "freeze and thaw" has the center of the wheels level with the ground :o

Shelby's have been thrusted into the epitome of the musclecar market since the late 80's/early 90's and since have hit the stratosphere. 

So to see this 68 Shelby up to it's spindles in dirt is #@%& !!

This 68 should have had someone rescue it years ago to take it away from this rediculous intention.

Don't get upset it's a mustang in its natural habitat, out to pasture...
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2021, 07:16:06 AM »
I would have probably been at that show if I didn't get stuck working. If it shows up at another local show, I will look at it.
The guy should be stripping the car of all the added parts before the cops come and he loses everything if it is the 68. If not the tags should be off that car "in a New York minute". Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2021, 09:55:19 AM »
I wonder if it has a signed glovebox?
RARE  Signature Delete

chris NOS

• SAAC Member
  • 5S241 actual owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2021, 09:59:00 AM »
i m sure the owner knows nothing about it , because if he knew any forgery on his car he would not open the hood in public ! i guess he bought it not knowing nothing , just he wanted  a shiny Eléonore !

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2021, 10:04:41 AM »
I think that car is on Long Island, it seems that that plate is a popular one, my friend has the same plate but a different year number. There is s similar town/city name near Rochester which is Upstate.
RARE  Signature Delete

68stangcjfb

• SAAC Member
  • Long Island New York
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2021, 12:36:02 PM »
I checked my registry. The original car was stolen in Baldwin New York. Not far from Massapequa. I'm willing to bet that car or some pieces of it are still around here someplace. Obviously the tag is! My friend used to see that car occasionally when he would drive around Baldwin. It's sat for years in the same place. He remembers it had headers on it that were rotted off the car and laying on the ground practically.  The guy who owned it never wanted to sell it. That part of Baldwin that it was in would get flooded from time to time and that car was definitely up to its floor pans if not higher in seawater several times.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 02:30:18 PM by 68stangcjfb »

hurlbird

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2021, 05:59:27 PM »
i bought my 1968 car from an elderly original owner #02090 who had the car at a shop for repairs and then had to sue and the get the police involved to get it back. They were hoping he would pass while in their possession. Sad. Anyway get what is missing from the car? They stole the Shelby VIN tag and the air cleaner. He never noticed of course.....

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2021, 07:37:57 AM »
i bought my 1968 car from an elderly original owner #02090 who had the car at a shop for repairs and then had to sue and the get the police involved to get it back. They were hoping he would pass while in their possession. Sad. Anyway get what is missing from the car? They stole the Shelby VIN tag and the air cleaner. He never noticed of course.....
When I bought my 69 SCJ Mach1 off of Chobrask8's ex wife she told me while the car was in one shop the 8 track got stolen from it. When she had it at Shelby American in Vegas getting some work done someone stole the original trunk mat out of it. That story came out of the fact no trunk mat and a 20 dollar cheapo mat was still in the bag in the trunk. I told her what I felt an original trunk mat was worth VS a 20 dollar cheapo one. Too many stories of parts disappearing on resto projects or bogus work billed and such, shops closing with cars in them and why those who have great shops-some here on the forum- are worth the peace and mind using to have work done.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

gpm6367

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2021, 07:36:37 AM »
That NY license plate (  SHELBY67 ) is registered with that 1968 VIN 8T02S149549

"Forget a'bout it"

Actually it’s “fugget ‘abott it” 😉

Truly frightening scenario. I love the “I’d never pass it off...” rationale. All that means is the next guy will. 😡