Author Topic: 66’ Brake Rotor/Hub  (Read 1094 times)

rcgt350

• View Profile
66’ Brake Rotor/Hub
« on: June 15, 2021, 12:14:57 PM »
Are original 66’ front hubs anything unique on a Shelby? I found a package of hubs & rotors in my stash here, that had  been changed out by the previous owner , also The rear brake linings have a wide grove running through the centre about a good 1/4” wide, is that a factory deal?

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: 66’ Brake Rotor/Hub
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 01:12:29 PM »
Are original 66’ front hubs anything unique on a Shelby? I found a package of hubs & rotors in my stash here, that had  been changed out by the previous owner , also The rear brake linings have a wide grove running through the centre about a good 1/4” wide, is that a factory deal?
Hubs are not unique to Shelby . They are regular Mustang however there are differences between assemblyline or early service and later service replacements and aftermarket. The Shelby rear brake pads do not have a wide groove running through the center. The 65/66 Shelby use a more aggressive brake lining material that is segmented in 3 sections on the brake shoe.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

rcgt350

• View Profile
Re: 66’ Brake Rotor/Hub
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2021, 01:24:44 AM »
That’s kind of what I was thinking too, those brake shoes clearly didn’t belong too 6S1291
Maybe I should hang on to the front hubs though