Author Topic: Scammed by a sac member  (Read 21545 times)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Scammed by a sac member
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2021, 06:32:16 PM »
I would retiltle this post from:

Scammed by a sac (SAAC) member to scammed by a grifter, con artist, sh*t bag, scumbag,  douche·bag, well you get it.  NOT A SAAC MEMBER

Looking at the forum members list shows Nicolasmoore just signed up on the forum on June 6th 2021.

He is not listed as a SAAC club member.

Hey Bob, I have a question a about how to post in the yellow flashing scamm alert. I have been scammed by a new sac member. Goes by Nicolasmoore.  I posted in the wanted section for a 69 shifter detent spring and rear Taillight harness, he responded to both requests of which I had already bought the Taillight harness from you so I PayPal to a address he referred me to and now will not respond and no tracking number has been about 10 days with no response.  Just trying to make sure no one else gets scammed.  Thanks for your input
Maybe SAC is sorry a$$ conman?

Charles Ponzi anyone ?
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2021, 06:36:14 PM »
Has he been kicked off yet ?.... >:(

And if he has,  he will just comeback under another inspirational name as many have and do.....look for Count Victor Lustig.

You know he sold the Eiffel Tower twice to French businessmen.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2021, 10:34:22 PM »
Stories like this makes my mind drift to various methods of torture, the types that don't leave a permanent physical mark but do leave a permanent mental mark.  I sometimes wonder how good I'd be at administering torture for such transgressions and think, on occasion, that I might accel at it and might even enjoy it a bit. 
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2021, 07:26:56 AM »
I see you long for the good old days, ah yes the Spanish inquisition those where the days !

Stories like this makes my mind drift to various methods of torture, the types that don't leave a permanent physical mark but do leave a permanent mental mark.  I sometimes wonder how good I'd be at administering torture for such transgressions and think, on occasion, that I might accel at it and might even enjoy it a bit.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 08:38:09 AM by FL SAAC »

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2021, 10:19:09 AM »
They got results nevertheless....

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2021, 10:32:33 AM »

If needed i have access to the  Dominican and Franciscan order.

Non less if these heretics do not confess,  inescapable  torture and execution will be applied

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2021, 12:04:38 PM »
Hmm some lie under torture especially if they don't have the real answers. Check out the WWII story here.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effectiveness_of_torture_for_interrogation
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2021, 12:10:54 PM »
I wouldn't be in it for the information. By then I will already have positively identified the culprit. Perhaps my methods would, instead, be for some other insidious purpose...
Ironically it was a Luftwaffe Commandant who adopted the friendly questioning method as far more effective which sorta became a guidebook for the CIA.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanns_Scharff

Hanns Scharff, a German WWII pilot interrogator, is considered the most successful interrogator of all time. In fact, he was so successful, he helped in shaping the U.S. interrogation techniques after the war. But how did he do it?

According to his own words, Scharff developed several techniques that helped him in his interrogations. First of all, instead of torturing or degrading prisoners, Scharff offered them courtesy and what appeared to be consideration. Instead of attempting to coerce or persuade with offers of booze and prostitutes, Scharff and his fellow officers took prisoners to whatever cinema shows were available at camp, and even shared tea and coffee with them, when they could get it.

According to Scharff, Prisoner of War (POW) interrogations should consist of three phases. First is to help the POW relax and feel comfortable by making small talk about anything at all. Second, after he’s loosened up, the questioner should try to get the prisoner to reveal any military information or plans that he might know, ideally without letting him realize he has said anything of value. Third, the interrogator must write an evaluation report that is truthful, and that contains any and all information that might be useful to commanding officers in the field.

"So why did you sell a Shelby part you never owned? More tea?"
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 10:47:20 AM by deathsled »

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2021, 01:22:09 PM »
Hmm some lie under torture especially if they don't have the real answers. Check out the WWII story here.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effectiveness_of_torture_for_interrogation

The exemplary tools and methods used during that period,  the Spanish donkey, the Judas chair and of course being burned alive usually got the wanted results ( your death, truth or lies are irrelevant, it's the neutralization that quenched your thirst) viva España !

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Jbarela

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2021, 05:34:48 PM »
Yea, this has happened many times to me here. Trollers and scammers and fishers for your email address.

SCJSTU

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2021, 08:17:58 PM »
Similar almost got me scam on the Vintage Mustang forum from a wanted ad I posted for a carb. Guy sent an email saying his friend had one and was an honest seller

The guy sent real pictures of the carb but then it started to smell fishy so I backed out

Happened again on VMF so these guys have figured out guys looking for parts are an easy target

Get them on the phone, Google their name and number, search Facebook and make contact thru the forum PM system several times before private email

If you can’t find them on Google or Facebook then they may be hiding

Also look at the email address….do you recognize the domain? The . Com part?
1969 Shelby GT350 convertible 4 speed/ AC
Built Jan 1969 Red/Black

1967 S-Code 4 spd Black/Parchment
2004 Mustang Mach 1 Azure Blue
1956 Ford F100 Big Window 392 Hemi
1963 Falcon Ranchero
1961 Econoline PU bagged
1961 Falcon 2 door wagon
1970 Challenger R/T vert 4 speed
1970 Chevy Blazer 2WD custom

tomhawk

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2021, 09:11:36 PM »
I had posted a wanted ad for a t-10 was given this Mike Phelps email info. tried to sell me a gm trans. Thought I was stupid. No thanks. Need to inform any forum member contacted by Mike Phelps friend.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2021, 09:15:46 PM »
Michael "Mike " Phelps one heluva of a guy, but kinda slippery when wet

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

tomhawk

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2021, 09:28:20 PM »
I guess Im too old school. I miss the snakebite you had to wait but I things always worked out for me. Yes I do have a gray beard.

QuickSilverShelby

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2021, 12:52:16 AM »
I wouldn't be in it for the information. By then I will already have positively identified the culprit. Perhaps my methods would, instead, be for something other insidious purpose...
Ironically it was a Luftwaffe Commandant who adopted the friendly questioning method as far more effective which sorta became a guidebook for the CIA.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanns_Scharff

Hanns Scharff, a German WWII pilot interrogator, is considered the most successful interrogator of all time. In fact, he was so successful, he helped in shaping the U.S. interrogation techniques after the war. But how did he do it?

According to his own words, Scharff developed several techniques that helped him in his interrogations. First of all, instead of torturing or degrading prisoners, Scharff offered them courtesy and what appeared to be consideration. Instead of attempting to coerce or persuade with offers of booze and prostitutes, Scharff and his fellow officers took prisoners to whatever cinema shows were available at camp, and even shared tea and coffee with them, when they could get it.

According to Scharff, Prisoner of War (POW) interrogations should consist of three phases. First is to help the POW relax and feel comfortable by making small talk about anything at all. Second, after he’s loosened up, the questioner should try to get the prisoner to reveal any military information or plans that he might know, ideally without letting him realize he has said anything of value. Third, the interrogator must write an evaluation report that is truthful, and that contains any and all information that might be useful to commanding officers in the field.

"So why did you sell a Shelby part you never owned? More tea?"
Damn.....that was a good post.   I'm not sure if I fully understand the subtitles of interrogations but I really enjoyed the education of your information, sincerely.   Where did you acquire this info from?   I'd like to read a bit more about it.

QSS

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.