Author Topic: Scammed by a sac member  (Read 21547 times)

Re: Scammed by a sac member
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2021, 10:48:35 PM »
On one hand it’s nice they let anybody join the forum that isn’t necessarily a paying SAAC member. However maybe a simple five question test on the topic of Shelbys would make sense…only truly knowledgeable folks would be able to pass.  What color were 65 Shelby GT 350s? Blue, yellow, red or white.  Where were 65 through 67 Shelbys manufactured? California, Texas, Florida, or New Jersey?  Who was Carroll Shelby’s tire sponsor? BF good rich, Cooper, Goodyear or Uniroyal.  What cubic inch motor was in the 65 and 66 Shelbys? 289, 302, 351 or 428.  A Kuisle on these kind of lines should we doubt most of the scammers I would think..or force them to do a little research.
Tom - DFW, Texas

CharlesTurner

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2021, 12:06:15 AM »
On one hand it’s nice they let anybody join the forum that isn’t necessarily a paying SAAC member. However maybe a simple five question test on the topic of Shelbys would make sense…only truly knowledgeable folks would be able to pass.  What color were 65 Shelby GT 350s? Blue, yellow, red or white.  Where were 65 through 67 Shelbys manufactured? California, Texas, Florida, or New Jersey?  Who was Carroll Shelby’s tire sponsor? BF good rich, Cooper, Goodyear or Uniroyal.  What cubic inch motor was in the 65 and 66 Shelbys? 289, 302, 351 or 428.  A Kuisle on these kind of lines should we doubt most of the scammers I would think..or force them to do a little research.

We do this on concoursmustang.com, seems to keep most of the riff-raff out.  We have to change the questions every now and then.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2021, 08:56:48 AM »
Love the 5 questions deal but this site is not supported  by AIR

What about 5 questions and a small $25, $15 or $10 donation for non SAAC members to support these efforts would be appreciated

On another note have you see the price of lumber lately and don't get me started on fuels prices  !
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2021, 09:50:41 AM »
Totally good with a 1-time modest donation. Would be a good check and balance in my opinion. Hell, I’d pay retro!  There is a hellofalotta value to be had here in my opinion.
Tom - DFW, Texas

JohnSlack

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2021, 02:18:13 PM »
I wouldn't be in it for the information. By then I will already have positively identified the culprit. Perhaps my methods would, instead, be for some other insidious purpose...
Ironically it was a Luftwaffe Commandant who adopted the friendly questioning method as far more effective which sorta became a guidebook for the CIA.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanns_Scharff

Hanns Scharff, a German WWII pilot interrogator, is considered the most successful interrogator of all time. In fact, he was so successful, he helped in shaping the U.S. interrogation techniques after the war. But how did he do it?

According to his own words, Scharff developed several techniques that helped him in his interrogations. First of all, instead of torturing or degrading prisoners, Scharff offered them courtesy and what appeared to be consideration. Instead of attempting to coerce or persuade with offers of booze and prostitutes, Scharff and his fellow officers took prisoners to whatever cinema shows were available at camp, and even shared tea and coffee with them, when they could get it.

According to Scharff, Prisoner of War (POW) interrogations should consist of three phases. First is to help the POW relax and feel comfortable by making small talk about anything at all. Second, after he’s loosened up, the questioner should try to get the prisoner to reveal any military information or plans that he might know, ideally without letting him realize he has said anything of value. Third, the interrogator must write an evaluation report that is truthful, and that contains any and all information that might be useful to commanding officers in the field.

"So why did you sell a Shelby part you never owned? More tea?"

Deathsled,
As a huge fan of WW2 history anytime I can find a shiny distraction that attracts my interest I follow it. Thank you, your link to Hanns Scharff led me to the article. The article presented me with the rabbit hole on Lt. Martin J. Monti. The rabbit hole on Lt. Martin J. Monti led me to the rabbit hole on the Zirkus Rosarius, Mildred Gillars, Rita Zucca, (both of them Axis Sallys), United States Penitentiary, Leavenworth which led to Japanese American conscientious objectors, and then I realized I was lost down multiple rabbit holes and I wondered how I got where I am at. But it was a great morning mindtrip..... Thank you. I hope to return the favor someday.
John

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2021, 10:58:12 PM »
I wouldn't be in it for the information. By then I will already have positively identified the culprit. Perhaps my methods would, instead, be for some other insidious purpose...
Ironically it was a Luftwaffe Commandant who adopted the friendly questioning method as far more effective which sorta became a guidebook for the CIA.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanns_Scharff

Hanns Scharff, a German WWII pilot interrogator, is considered the most successful interrogator of all time. In fact, he was so successful, he helped in shaping the U.S. interrogation techniques after the war. But how did he do it?

According to his own words, Scharff developed several techniques that helped him in his interrogations. First of all, instead of torturing or degrading prisoners, Scharff offered them courtesy and what appeared to be consideration. Instead of attempting to coerce or persuade with offers of booze and prostitutes, Scharff and his fellow officers took prisoners to whatever cinema shows were available at camp, and even shared tea and coffee with them, when they could get it.

According to Scharff, Prisoner of War (POW) interrogations should consist of three phases. First is to help the POW relax and feel comfortable by making small talk about anything at all. Second, after he’s loosened up, the questioner should try to get the prisoner to reveal any military information or plans that he might know, ideally without letting him realize he has said anything of value. Third, the interrogator must write an evaluation report that is truthful, and that contains any and all information that might be useful to commanding officers in the field.

"So why did you sell a Shelby part you never owned? More tea?"

Deathsled,
As a huge fan of WW2 history anytime I can find a shiny distraction that attracts my interest I follow it. Thank you, your link to Hanns Scharff led me to the article. The article presented me with the rabbit hole on Lt. Martin J. Monti. The rabbit hole on Lt. Martin J. Monti led me to the rabbit hole on the Zirkus Rosarius, Mildred Gillars, Rita Zucca, (both of them Axis Sallys), United States Penitentiary, Leavenworth which led to Japanese American conscientious objectors, and then I realized I was lost down multiple rabbit holes and I wondered how I got where I am at. But it was a great morning mindtrip..... Thank you. I hope to return the favor someday.
John
You are most welcome.  I like the darker side of WW2 history.  I can be a bit macabre at times.  I particularly liked the uniforms from an unspecified country.  I am a big fan of uniforms overall.  Thinking about pulling the trigger on a Shelby Cobra shirt from the OVC... I also like the American PSY-ops methods of dealing with people where it is appropriate and applicable.  Not that I am nefarious, but I am aware of agendas.  I have to or I would never have survived as an attorney.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

oldcanuck

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2021, 07:40:30 AM »
Totally good with a 1-time modest donation. Would be a good check and balance in my opinion. Hell, I’d pay retro!  There is a hellofalotta value to be had here in my opinion.

Why not just become a SAAC member ?
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2021, 07:50:11 AM »
My friend with the 68 Shelby vert who I advertised wanting parts here didn't get scammed by this guy but the guy tried to scam him. On another note he bought an "NOS" part off of POOKIE. I warned him before to stay away from "Eden". He shot me a pic of a NOS 68 TNT stick POOKIE had for sale(negotiated a price for it). I don't know if it is real or not(friend said he had a Ford box for it) so I told him I wouldn't buy anything off this guy-real or not. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2021, 07:51:38 AM »

Why not just become a SAAC member ?
+1 I have been one since 1991 and will continue to be one to support SAAC.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

430dragpack

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2021, 06:20:14 PM »
Here’s another one I just received today in response to my wanting some parts. 😕. Notice zero posts again.

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2021, 06:43:26 PM »
Might want to look up the urban definition of kaka. ::)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2021, 06:53:56 PM »
Here’s another one I just received today in response to my wanting some parts. 😕. Notice zero posts again.

So you received a notice from michaelvandon to contact his friend kakapoop....You can't make this crap ( excuse the pun) up. This is funny
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

430dragpack

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2021, 06:59:12 PM »

So you received a notice from michaelvandon to contact his friend kakapoop....You can't make this crap ( excuse the pun) up. This is funny

Who needs HULU and Net Flix!!

Rickmustang

• SAAC Member
  • "What's behind you, doesn't matter"
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2021, 07:58:20 PM »
I’m excited Kaka has the ‘67 thermostat housing I’ve been looking for. I thought it was unobtainable lol
1965 G.T. 350
1967 Fairlane GT - 390 4-speed
1970 Mach 1 - 428CJ 4-speed/AC
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ auto/AC
2005 Ford GT

Jack4159

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2021, 08:53:22 PM »
Im even more excited because Michael Vandon tells me by PM that Kaka also has that hard to find 428CJ block Ive been looking for!!