Author Topic: Scammed by a sac member  (Read 21558 times)

JohnSlack

• View Profile
Re: Scammed by a sac member
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2021, 06:54:12 PM »
Unfortunately the scammers have permanently changed the game. I never advertise that I'm looking for a part anymore, I now ask friends to see if they or anyone else they might know have "part X". Unless I know the person I have to get a reference from someone I do know. Failing that if the part is worth the expense I arrange to have someone pick it up in person that I know and trust. Times have changed and so have I.
John

Rickmustang

• SAAC Member
  • "What's behind you, doesn't matter"
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2021, 01:51:42 PM »
He is still emailing me!!!
1965 G.T. 350
1967 Fairlane GT - 390 4-speed
1970 Mach 1 - 428CJ 4-speed/AC
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ auto/AC
2005 Ford GT

oldcanuck

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2021, 06:21:20 AM »
How about we all come up with a fictitious part wanted (Muffler bearings) and post a wanted ad and see if the scumbag has one. Then we can decide who was the most creative on their fictitious part wanted. Gary

Gary,

I need a left hand threaded skyhook for my car ?  :)

BG
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2021, 07:08:42 AM »
Unfortunately the scammers have permanently changed the game. I never advertise that I'm looking for a part anymore, I now ask friends to see if they or anyone else they might know have "part X". Unless I know the person I have to get a reference from someone I do know. Failing that if the part is worth the expense I arrange to have someone pick it up in person that I know and trust. Times have changed and so have I.
John
Back in 1988 I sold my black Boss 429. I had a spare complete S engine air cleaner to oil pan including manifolds. Everything original like it was ready to drop in a car. I went looking for a body. Being in Detroit every B9 body in my "First class" Hemmings was sold a day or 2 before I got my copy. I found out NY, Los Angeles and Chicago areas got theirs before Detroit(so much for "first class") so I posted a want ad in Hemmings. Almost got scammed on a body for sale from an inmate in Baton Rouge La. Found out 6 months later when the FBI came knocking on my door(my phone number linked to prison records). The first the G man knew of that type of scam(they were using "we can get your relative out early" scam at the time). The scammer even had a real B9 vin he gave me. This was around 1989. I ended up selling the engine. So while the game has changed there are those POSs out there that don't want to make an honest living. I wish we could hang/shoot them all.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2021, 01:19:20 PM »
John
Back in 1988 I sold my black Boss 429. I had a spare complete S engine air cleaner to oil pan including manifolds. Everything original like it was ready to drop in a car. I went looking for a body. Being in Detroit every B9 body in my "First class" Hemmings was sold a day or 2 before I got my copy. I found out NY, Los Angeles and Chicago areas got theirs before Detroit(so much for "first class") so I posted a want ad in Hemmings. Almost got scammed on a body for sale from an inmate in Baton Rouge La. Found out 6 months later when the FBI came knocking on my door(my phone number linked to prison records). The first the G man knew of that type of scam(they were using "we can get your relative out early" scam at the time). The scammer even had a real B9 vin he gave me. This was around 1989. I ended up selling the engine. So while the game has changed there are those POSs out there that don't want to make an honest living. I wish we could hang/shoot them all.

Baton Rouge Louisiana  ?  Could that have been Cajun Man,   Bobby Boucher !
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

TOBKOB

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2021, 09:37:32 PM »

BG

I'm not Gary but I have  right hand threaded skyhook... Sorry I couldn't resist... ;D

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2021, 07:33:23 AM »

BG

I'm not Gary but I have  right hand threaded skyhook... Sorry I couldn't resist... ;D

TOB
You and Bob should both put wanted ads for your parts.  ;D ;D
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2021, 07:44:18 AM »

BG

TOB

I have them. You have a choice of metals and/or finishes. Which do you need?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2021, 06:39:37 PM »
Scammer gets scammed.  This guy has a lot of energy and patience to reel them in and frustrate them.  The anger levels of the scammers is off the scale.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNziOoXDBeg
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2021, 07:13:08 AM »
Scammer gets scammed.  This guy has a lot of energy and patience to reel them in and frustrate them.  The anger levels of the scammers is off the scale.
Thanks. Made my day. What worker would call a customer a MFer a dozen times?
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2021, 09:37:07 AM »

LMAO + 1 loved it
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

motorhead428

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2021, 08:31:57 AM »
I am looking for a drive shaft for my 67 GT500. I received a response from a Shasta Philipe, I ask for pictures. I got pictures from a drive shaft on listed on ebay Same picture as on ebay but for less money. I asked what state he was in ? never heard back from him. 

6R07mi

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2021, 01:23:11 PM »
Back many years ago during my career as a Ford dealer parts manager,
we used to have our driver stop at other Detroit area dealers and they would have a list of parts needed that day,
they would have that dealer check to see if they had any of the parts on-hand.
(This was before the "part locator" services used now).

We would add fictitious part numbers like C9ZZ-6321609-A to the list to see if the dealer would catch it!
( C9ZZ-6321609-A = LH vent window frame for 69 Mustang fastback).

I see a new revenue stream possibility on flea-bay ??

jim p
Former owner 6S283, 70 "Boss351", 66 GT 6F07, 67 FB GT
current: 66 GT former day 2 track car 6R07
20+ yrs Ford Parts Mgr, now Meritor Defense