News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Heavy draw on battery

Started by jdeboss302, June 16, 2021, 05:37:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdeboss302

I have replaced the entire wiring harness on my 68. I continue to have a strong draw of 9.5v and I have no clue where its coming from. We've traced everything.

Thoughts ?

gt350shelb

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

KR500

Quote from: jdeboss302 on June 16, 2021, 05:37:28 PM
I have replaced the entire wiring harness on my 68. I continue to have a strong draw of 9.5v and I have no clue where its coming from. We've traced everything.

Thoughts ?
Parasitic loads (draws) are measured in amps not volts. Do you mean amps? If that is 9.5 amps that a big draw. Disconnect the alternator, voltage regulator  and see if it goes away. If not go to the fuse box and remove one fuse at a time while checking the draw. 9.5 amp draw would normally be to large for most accessories ie. glove box light, clock ect. I would start with the alternator, voltage regulator or ignition feed for that large of a draw.
Rodney
Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267