News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1970 shelby salvage

Started by nctrucks, June 26, 2021, 12:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would make the ultimate backyard fire pit/bbq grill IMHO ;D

deathsled

Quote from: 557 on June 26, 2021, 03:21:45 PM
Would make the ultimate backyard fire pit/bbq grill IMHO ;D
I like the way you think.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Quote from: deathsled on June 26, 2021, 02:37:28 PM
Wouldn't be hard to spin a story (a plausible one) about how an enraged wife torched it because the husband was spending too much on the Shelby and not enough on her. Or in the alternative, was paying the Shelby too much attention.
.      Thank God MY wife knows better........ ;)

nctrucks

Up for auction today  Last time i looked its at 1,100   Did anyone check to see if its a real shelby or clone

Cobrask8

No sign of any of the fiberglass body parts. Burned during a restoration or in salvage?

gt350hr

Give it a year and it will look like brand new. Wouldn't be the first one ;)
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

FL SAAC

Quote from: Cobrask8 on July 15, 2021, 12:59:48 PM
No sign of any of the fiberglass body parts. Burned during a restoration or in salvage?

Just have melted
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

Quote from: gt350hr on July 15, 2021, 02:39:16 PM
    Give it a year and it will look like brand new. Wouldn't be the first one ;)

I totally agree
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Cobrask8 on July 15, 2021, 12:59:48 PM
inner metal structure of fenders presents indicates fiberglass was burned up. logical conclusion all of the other parts would be too. It would be a good starting point for a restomod . I would rather see something like that used to bring this car back to life rather then a unburned up car.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

gt350hr

If only people were honest Bob. At least the vin has been exposed when it does come back we'll know. It would be a dangerous car "if" it does as all the heat treatment is GONE.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: gt350hr on July 15, 2021, 04:16:59 PM
   If only people were honest Bob. At least the vin has been exposed when it does come back we'll know. It would be a dangerous car "if" it does as all the heat treatment is GONE.
I am sure fearless mongo has the VIN already documented. That is why restomod is best for its future. Of course i am sure there are those out there that think that those numbers are not tracked .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Mongo

Mongo is going to post the "burn photo" in the next 1969-70 Registry under that v.i.n!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Mongo on July 15, 2021, 04:55:27 PM
Mongo is going to post the "burn photo" in the next 1969-70 Registry under that v.i.n!
A picture is worth a 1000 words.  ;)

gt350hr

Side-Oilers

Quote from: deathsled on June 26, 2021, 02:34:08 PM

"They're coming to get you Barbara."

Great obscure reference, Richard.  NOTLD is still one of may favorite horror movies. 

Johnny and Barbara were in a '66 Pontiac LeMans. 

The farm truck caught fire. The LeMans crashed its driver side into a tree. 
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model