News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Checkered Flag: Chris Brown (Browns auto body services)

Started by Special Ed, June 27, 2021, 03:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Royce Peterson

That's terrible news. Chris really did a lot for our hobby. 
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

silverton_ford

A huge loss for all.  Condolences to his friends and family.  When I heard the news I was shocked.   The world is not fair sometimes.  I am sad.  :'(

JD

Just spoke with Chris a few days ago, shipped him some parts for a car in his shop.

Chris, You wild man, you always made me smile - so sorry for you and yours. 

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

csheff

Yes what a shock to us all. Met him a few years ago and as busy as he was he still took time to talk with u. We've lost two good men to the hobby this year. My prayers to his family, he will surly be missed.
Craig

Rodster-500

Wow, way too young and to lose such a great guy and enthusiast is so sad.  I only dealt with him one time and he was a stand up guy.

Condolences to the family who must be so grief stricken.

whiteykr

Just read this and what a shock. I considered him a friend . This is a huge loss to the Shelby community. I never met his family but my sincere condolences.

shelbymann1970

Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

KR500

Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267

mikeh

I first met Chris in about 1995 and immediately became good friends. I am sooo fortunate to have spent many weekends with Chris and his wonderful family at car events, Lake of the Ozarks, the kids weddings, you name it. Still has not sunk in. Never met a guy that was always in a good mood no matter how stressed out he was trying to balance out running his very busy and successful collision shop, doing restorations, reproduction parts business, plus still make time for his wife, 4 kids, and soon to be 6 grand kids. Never seemed to have a bad day.
Also never met a guy that was truly the life of the party one day, then a highly knowledgeable, skilled and respected craftsman the next. He was a big part of making this hobby fun.
Always took care of his family and friends. I miss him already.

His infectious smile and laugh will live with me the rest of my life.

I just feel so terrible for his family.

Harris Speedster

A true friend has left the show field, family and friends, and leaves a void that will never be filled.
I have known Chris for many years, 3 decades.
He first called me when I was " John from Utah" as he was wanting to learn about and buy a Shelby.

I helped him get basic info and helped guide him to get his first Shelby.
He loved his family greatly, as Chris used to say, Hell Yes !
He and Lisa were looking at stepping back in the future and just doing repop stuff, his son Hunter and his wife were slated to guide the ship.

He helped and kind of consoled me in two tragic family deaths I experienced of recent, he holds a special place in my heart mind and soul.
My condolences to his entire family, I am so sorry Lisa.
Rest in piece my friend.
John

Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

Bob Gaines

Chris was one of the best . The world will be a lesser place without him. Thank the lord he was part of many of our lives because we are better for it.Condolences to his family and all his friends RIP.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbydoug

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

gt350hr

Sad to lose a great one at such a young age! RIP.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

propayne

Wow - what a shock.

A tragic loss for so many...

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America