News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Checkered Flag: Chris Brown (Browns auto body services)

Started by Special Ed, June 27, 2021, 03:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Our sincerest and deepest condolences goes out to all family and friends.

R. I. P.
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Sanford

No words can express this sudden loss to his family, friends and coworkers. I've been lucky to be good friends with Chris and his family for over 20 years , and as others have expressed, he was truly one of a kind.  A fun loving , always cheerful, and driven man working 7 days a week building a nice life for his family.  Chris always had a AAA reputation in the auto body and restoration world. A passion for doing things the correct way with great pride in his work and always wanting to learn and do more.   Shelby restorations were his passion and always top notch when completed. One of the few really good guys in this world, so unfair for him to be taken from us so soon. He will always be missed and his passing leaves a major hole in the harts of all that knew Chris Brown. RIP my friend

cjmustangman

I'm stunned and in shock, such a great guy, we only met a few times but he always remembered me. My heart and condolences go out to his family he left behind.
RIP
Arild

J_Speegle

What a sad day. Hopes and best wishes go out to his family at this time

Chris was always entertaining and the center of attention - no wall flower there. Some of the stories are best left untold but the thoughts of time spent with him, bring a smile even at this time of sorrow.

God rest
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

George Schalk

Wow...shocking news.  In the few times I have dealt with Chris he was always great to deal with and a real stand-up guy.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Chris's family.  RIP Brother

Special Ed

For those who are planning the trip to chris browns funeral services as of now they are planning to have funeral services at Browns autobody shop to handle the crowd expected on friday afternoon and will know more details tommorrow.  I am going over thursday to help out the family on the vintage restorations chris was working on and staying a few days. Chris did all the estimates and parts and restorations so he ran the show and the others helped out best they could. Chris had so many restorations started in various stages so those car owners will have to be patience till they gets things sorted out and i will help them best i can as chris discussed with me what he was doing on some of the restorations.

Side-Oilers

Quote from: Special Ed on June 28, 2021, 11:08:36 PM
For those who are planning the trip to chris browns funeral services as of now they are planning to have funeral services at Browns autobody shop to handle the crowd expected on friday afternoon and will know more details tommorrow.  I am going over thursday to help out the family on the vintage restorations chris was working on and staying a few days. Chris did all the estimates and parts and restorations so he ran the show and the others helped out best they could. Chris had so many restorations started in various stages so those car owners will have to be patience till they gets things sorted out and i will help them best i can as chris discussed with me what he was doing on some of the restorations.

So sorry to hear.  I never met the man, but have heard a few of the stories.  Another of our group has left us.  Condolences to his family.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

dsdresto

Just heard this news. Been doing business with Chris for several years. Always happy & easy to work with. When you met him you would always laugh as he was that kind of guy. He will truly be missed! Thoughts and prayers for his family.

nate

Rodster-500

Many of us that can not attend will be there in spirit. RIP

rcgt350

This is not what I expected to read about, I'm truly saddened by the news. I first met Chris at BJ when he was selling 0018 there, he was such a welcoming fellow and full of excitement. I could tell right away of his enthusiasm for these cars as and  for people even more so, I feel fortunate to have known Chris and will remind myself to live each day as he did. Our thoughts and Prayers go out to all his family.
Randy

Shelby_r_b

Nothing beats a classic!

Mikelj5S230

Very sad to hear, he was an honest and good person, always with good advice and insights into SAAC.  He will be missed.
Formerly known as CorvetteMike.

68blk500c

Attended Chris' memorial service, along with several others from this great hobby.  Their community came out in force to support Chris' family.  It was an expression that I won't forget.  Very worthy and touching.

Don   

Special Ed

They had a full military service for chris since he was in desert storm and hundreds of people showed up at browns auto body shop to honor him and pay respect to the brown family. Then friends and family went to chris house and his mancave garage for his celebration of life party. Then at 7 oclock hundreds of cars trucks motorcyles cruised by chris old mansion house in town  (his son hunter lives there now and thats where the whole Brown family originally lived). The street was black from all the burnouts in front of chris old house and this went on till 9 oclock or so and if u know chris he would be proud. This was all planned out and the local police stayed away till it was over as the streets were lined with people watching and the radio station played all of chris favorite songs between 7 and 8 oclock while the cruise was going on since chris and hunter both played in bands and were into music. Hunter restored and painted many old guitars for people and is a true  talented artists and is going to keep the shop going and finish the cars  that are in the shop now and i am going to help him out best i can and i will be making more trips out. Chris has his own ford junkyard with many cars and parts in his old shop location down by the river thats been flooded and most of them are going to be crushed as they are selling the property so they got a lot going on and its going to be hard for the family without chris but many people are helping out best they can. Chris was well liked by all and will be greatly missed and can never be replaced as he was a true ROCKSTAR!!!