News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Get ready for a major Ford fail / Ford Cooking Up Chevy Corvette C8 Rival

Started by FL SAAC, July 06, 2021, 08:19:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbymann1970

Quote from: FL SAAC on July 08, 2021, 01:47:58 PM
Quote from: deathsled on July 08, 2021, 01:43:02 PM
I might rethink the 360 Modena idea. This guy spent 50,000£ on repairs to this one.
https://youtu.be/Ym7WJe2TLQA

Poorsha, lamborweenie, fellali etc
I'm telling you those exotic cars you spend more on maintenance and repairs than the actual acquisition cost
The ridiculous cost of maintenance and repairs on Ferraris is why I will not consider one. That is another reason why the Vette is awesome.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on July 09, 2021, 07:17:32 AM
I'm still might buy a new Vette. J....The $$$ I was going to spend .....is now "mad" at me.
I've had 4 of the GM plastic cars. 1954 in college paid $600 trans died swapped it off for a 2 year old VW bug - 63 vert SB - 66 BB Coupe - 85 What a POS that was. The only one I miss was the 66.
Lots of good buys in the C6 era. It would leave a lot of money for suspension and engine upgrades to make it a real terror. Of course then you have to start hanging with the gold chain disco set.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Side-Oilers

The C8 is a head-turner, especially debadged and with the best aftermarket wheels. 

And it's a great bang for the buck value.  I get it.

But, to me, the styling looks like a McLaren and Lamborghini had a love child....and it inherited the worst design features of both parents.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

deathsled

Quote from: Side-Oilers on July 09, 2021, 04:36:26 PM
The C8 is a head-turner, especially debadged and with the best aftermarket wheels. 

But, to me, the styling looks like a McLaren and Lamborghini had a love child....and it inherited the worst design features of both parents.
Interesting and amusing analogy.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Side-Oilers on July 09, 2021, 04:36:26 PM

interesting take. So what do you think of the latest Ford GT design?
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

Side-Oilers

^^^ To me, the new FGT's design is better and sleeker than most of the hyper cars.  It's great that Ford built it, but the '05-06 is more to my taste. 

I'm growing tired of the trapezoid shapes with weird cut-angles and slanty tail lights.   

Yes, that's much better than a boxy shape, or a used-bar-of-soap look.  But when Priuses and Hyundais (and a bunch more) went all weird-angle wedgy, I lost interest in that design theme.

BTW: Ever had a weird-angle wedgy? No one likes that. 

Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

shelbydoug

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Side-Oilers on July 10, 2021, 03:49:30 PM
^^^ To me, the new FGT's design is better and sleeker than most of the hyper cars.  It's great that Ford built it, but the '05-06 is more to my taste. 

I'm growing tired of the trapezoid shapes with weird cut-angles and slanty tail lights.   

Yes, that's much better than a boxy shape, or a used-bar-of-soap look.  But when Priuses and Hyundais (and a bunch more) went all weird-angle wedgy, I lost interest in that design theme.

The reason I asked is because the shapes of the newer Ford GT is even more out there than the Vette. I like the Vette better than the Ford GT which is way out there(like the price 7 times better  ;) ) I agree with you in that I like the 05-6 Ford GT Better than the new ones. Those are timeless machines.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

FL SAAC

Quote from: shelbydoug on July 10, 2021, 06:51:50 PM
I'm still seeing prices in the NYC area of 120.

Also in Miami

But thats the prIce for the " I GOTA HAVE IT NOW CROWD "

Dealers have cars on their lots ready to be purchased at their price

Guys this is simple , go in, sit down,  place your order and wait until they contact you  that your car came in at msrp. Yes you have to wait......
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

Quote from: Side-Oilers on July 10, 2021, 03:49:30 PM

Yes I agree with you the Ford GT is a masterpiece

But when you have to be selected as to why you should be sold one, lay down $500k and (key here because it infringes on my rights) sign a contract that YOU must honor for TWO years. That $60k C8 looks REAL GOOD to
me !

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: FL SAAC on July 12, 2021, 09:03:55 AMBut when you have to be selected as to why you should be sold one, lay down $500k and (key here because it infringes on my rights) sign a contract that YOU must honor for TWO years.
Yes Ford's contract sucks. Their selection process assured that many who could care less about Ford were enabled to buy cars and turn a tidy profit asap. I know of at least one car where the guy basically sold his spot (he didn't have the $) for $100,000 bought the car with the other guys money and has it registered in his name until the time runs out.
But, how does it infringe on your rights. You signed the contract as a condition of being "allowed" to buy the car and there is a clause that if you desire/need to sell before the contract expires Ford has the first right of refusal to purchase the car back for what you paid.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

shelbymann1970

Quote from: FL SAAC on July 12, 2021, 09:03:38 PM
Well, well well....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/used-corvettes-are-worth-26-000-more-than-they-were-new-last-year-here-are-8-more-used-cars-that-gained-value-since-2020/ss-AALT2dq?ocid=msedgntp
Thanks for the link. My son has been pricing Camaros for the last year in Los Angeles and said they have gone way up in price for used ones. I have seen C8s sell on BaT for way over sticker but am not sure if any were 26K over. They should have priced 2019 manual C7 ZR-1s as they have gone up a lot in $$$ over sticker  on BaT auctions. Corvettes, Camaros, Challengers but no Mustangs on that list. 
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

FL SAAC

Yes Ford's contract sucks.

Big time !

Their selection process assured that many who could care less about Ford were enabled to buy cars and turn a tidy profit asap.

True, I was contacted to participate in a similar flim flan. Answered No

I know of at least one car where the guy basically sold his spot (he didn't have the $) for $100,000 bought the car with the other guys money and has it registered in his name until the time runs out.

Yup !

But, how does it infringe on your rights. You signed the contract as a condition of being "allowed" to buy the car and there is a clause that if you desire/need to sell before the contract expires Ford has the first right of refusal to purchase the car back for what you paid.

I see it that in a way you are an endentured servant

Hey who would buy that p.o.s. for $500k and most aren't driven when you can buy a C8 for $60/80k 2LT and enjoy driving the living stuffing out if it.

Once done reorder and replace

I have all UNGOLD cars