News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1967 GT500 on Barnfinds

Started by Kent, June 30, 2021, 07:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kent

SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

FL SAAC

$200k for a driver, hard pass in todays environment
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

67 GT350

RARE  Signature Delete

6972boss

Repainted?? The stripe is not correct.... whole lotta money!

Vernon Estes

Yes, the car has been repainted. A former owner of the car was sold the car by a well known SAAC member who frequents the forum...that SAAC member is an upstanding seller and advertised it as having an old repaint on it. The next owner seems to have casually forgotten about that small detail. It appears it was then resold on that owner's behalf at Carlisle this last year to whoever has the car currently.  Regardless of knowing of the repaint from the SAAC member who found and sold the car to the prior owner...there are a few clear signs even in the extremely limited photographs of the car which indicate that the car has been painted.

Here is what an honest original paint 67 GT500 in lime looks like...https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-shelby-gt500-11/

Kind regards,
Vern
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Vernon Estes on June 30, 2021, 01:02:44 PM
Yes, the car has been repainted. A former owner of the car was sold the car by a well known SAAC member who frequents the forum...that SAAC member is an upstanding seller and advertised it as having an old repaint on it. The next owner seems to have casually forgotten about that small detail. It appears it was then resold on that owner's behalf at Carlisle this last year to whoever has the car currently.  Regardless of knowing of the repaint from the SAAC member who found and sold the car to the prior owner...there are a few clear signs even in the extremely limited photographs of the car which indicate that the car has been painted.

Here is what an honest original paint 67 GT500 in lime looks like...https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-shelby-gt500-11/

Kind regards,
Vern
Stripe is a giveaway compared to your car. Are the front stone chips revealing a dark under paint/primer another? It is a shame when someone misrepresents a car especially when a good premium should be applied to original paint cars. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

FL SAAC

Dang, that B. A. T. car is technically a one owner car:

"The car was traded in six months later and purchased in February 1968 by its second owner, with whom it spent 51 years"

Quote from: Vernon Estes on June 30, 2021, 01:02:44 PM

Kind regards,
Vern

I have all UNGOLD cars

So non original carbs and a kinda crappy repaint on an otherwise "original" car for only $200k?!?!Such a bargain!!! :o

68krrrr

Wtf Black Parchment interior lol

"When we turn our attention to the interior, we find that it is upholstered in its original Black parchment trim"
Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled

Previously owned
1968 GT500KR #03528 Lime green
1968 GT/CS

"Fly low & avoid the radar"
Thanks Adam

shelbymann1970

OK experts what exactly is a survivor? So I take my Shelby. Repaint it and leave the crappy engine compartment with many aftermarket pieces in it alone and underside looking like crap and try and sell it 20 years later after I drove it accumulating road scars it can be deemed a survivor? But if I fully restore it  and preserve it it isn't? A good friend of mine has cars if compared to this Shelby would be survivors. But he has a couple of true survivors. His original paint 69 Boss 429,all original  5K mile 85 Mustang GT, 18K mile all original 89 Porsche and his original paint 67 Vette. His other cars while original underneath have had a repaint and we sure don't put that term on them. Partially restored is it. I'm just sick of the broad use of "survivor".
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

67 GT350

My opinion of a "Survivor" is anything that has had only maintenance performed to keep it running well. NO Paint Jobs. A "survivor" can also be a car that shows ware, like a rust spot or paint that shows ware. A "DRIVER" is something that is driven.
Just one man's opinion.
RARE  Signature Delete

George Schalk

Being considered a "SURVIVOR" car can be a slippery slope in some cases.  There are different levels of "survivor" from the car that is 100% original and still in the wrapper to a car that has been driven, but retains its original paint and has been well maintained over the years with oem replacement parts. 

A true "SURVIVOR" car should really be defined as having original factory applied paint in any condition, but original, with minimal touch up (maybe up to 10% respray?).  Chips, scrapes, small dents, some rust, sun fade acceptable.  "One older repaint" automatically disqualifies any car as being in a survivor status.  Original paint is the basis of a survivor car.

The '67 GT500 on Barnfinds should by no means be categorized as a survivor car.

FL SAAC

.very interesting views, but you can only be original once

I have all UNGOLD cars

shelbymann1970

This is my best survivor I have ever owned. The interior was mint original in white. Ford engineer ordered it at the end of Vert production in 1973. Had 6 kids so the car was his toy. 15K original miles. no winters. Zbarted and no rust.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

FL SAAC

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on July 01, 2021, 03:31:53 PM
This is my best survivor I have ever owned. The interior was mint original in white. Ford engineer ordered it at the end of Vert production in 1973. Had 6 kids so the car was his toy. 15K original miles. no winters. Zbarted and no rust.

Love those verts,  end of the line

I have all UNGOLD cars