Author Topic: Who would sell their gt350 for less then it's market value?  (Read 14630 times)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Who would sell their gt350 for less then it's market value?
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2021, 06:09:39 PM »
I could imagine multiple scenarios where someone would sell something under market in the interest of a VERY quick sale.However if that number was below wholesale I can’t imagine why they wouldn’t engage a reputable classic car broker………My 2 cents.

I agree with the quick sale under market
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2021, 06:14:32 PM »
I had a friend who had his wish respected and had some of his cremated remains (sifted I think) poured down the carb. It was like pouring sand into the carb I was told by the pourer but that is what he wanted. I didn't hear how the engine ran after . The engine wasn't ruined but I am sure it did a number on the insides . The wife sold the car and It has a new owner now.
I highly respect that final gesture. My hat off especially to the widow if she facilitated the ceremony.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2021, 06:17:14 PM »
I could see a scenario where a divorce might facilitate a quick sale or a sale below market value to be malicious and make her suffer financially. I mean why not?
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2021, 07:01:15 PM »
I could see a scenario where a divorce might facilitate a quick sale or a sale below market value to be malicious and make her suffer financially. I mean why not?

Works both ways, if she is awarded the property she can turn around and sell it for $1

I saw this happen once, posted in the local newspapers everyone thought it was a typo but it was not

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2021, 07:05:33 PM »
To answer your question: no (hope this makes you happy)

But having said that here are some reasons  why cars are sold under market value :

You meet me, a personable, sweet, loving, kind person and fall in love with me

Death of an owner

Health

Divorce

Cash is involved

Get rid of the good or bad memories

Car is not operable

Selling to a friend

Can't wait for a higher offer

Changing circumstances in life

Being at the right place at the right time

Car missing parts

Selling to someone that will use as intended

Lastly because they wanted to.....

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2021, 08:12:37 PM »
Again the question is would YOU sell below market because the buyer was on the saac forum..

Not generally. But if it was a SAAC member in South Florida I might triple the price.  ;D
LOLOL

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2021, 10:18:54 PM »
Again the question is would YOU sell below market because the buyer was on the saac forum..

OK My 2 cents

Is market value
Ebay
BJ
Mecum
???????
Re-list-ville on ebay is not reality, so being a private guy that would just be selling my car, I probably would end up getting less than market value.
RARE  Signature Delete

JohnSlack

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2021, 10:26:30 PM »
I can not think of any reason that I would sell below market value for my cars. I have instructed my wife to wait at least a year before selling anything. Also like the Godfather suggests never take the advice of the first person who offers to help her with the liquidation of any of our assets. (We also have a good guy/bad guy list for her to reference and we keep up with the values and note them on an Excel spreadsheet that my daughter and I keep updated.

There is no reason to give anything away.
John

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2021, 11:43:20 PM »
You guy's are just slaying me....
Tom - DFW, Texas

Chad

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2021, 06:45:07 AM »
To answer your question: no (hope this makes you happy)

But having said that here are some reasons  why cars are sold under market value :

You meet me, a personable, sweet, loving, kind person and fall in love with me

Death of an owner

Health

Divorce

Cash is involved

Get rid of the good or bad memories

Car is not operable

Selling to a friend

Can't wait for a higher offer

Changing circumstances in life

Being at the right place at the right time

Car missing parts

Selling to someone that will use as intended

Lastly because they wanted to.....

Those all good reasons someone might sell a car under value.....but it would still sell for a lot more than $80,000!!!!!

corbins

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2021, 07:24:59 AM »
Not sure who determines what "market value " is ??  Its what a willing,  able buyer is ready to hand you in cash. Not what some auction house, dealer , or Ebay says. No two cars are exactly alike or have an exact history that might make it more or less valuable to a given buyer.  JMHO

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2021, 07:44:26 AM »
Not sure who determines what "market value " is ??  Its what a willing,  able buyer is ready to hand you in cash. Not what some auction house, dealer , or Ebay says. No two cars are exactly alike or have an exact history that might make it more or less valuable to a given buyer.  JMHO

It's what the seller says it is. If you don't like the price, go find another one.

Remember the "barn find" CSX32oo Cobra? It went for over a million at auction. Who is going to sell at less then auction price?

Sure, beat me, kick me, degrade me, just give me the money pal. It's not me that's weeping, it's you smart ass.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2021, 08:05:00 AM »

It's what the seller says it is. If you don't like the price, go find another one.

Remember the "barn find" CSX32oo Cobra? It went for over a million at auction. Who is going to sell at less then auction price?

Sure, beat me, kick me, degrade me, just give me the money pal. It's not me that's weeping, it's you smart ass.

If it is what the seller says it is, no wonder ebay has sooooo many cars that do not sell. I have said this many times. If you want to do the auction gig, "List it for $1.00 starting bid with no reserve, what it sells for is market value." OR "List it with a 10 million reserve, open the bid at $1.00, it will not sell and you can see what the market value is on your car at that particular time."
RARE  Signature Delete

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2021, 09:07:15 AM »

If it is what the seller says it is, no wonder ebay has sooooo many cars that do not sell. I have said this many times. If you want to do the auction gig, "List it for $1.00 starting bid with no reserve, what it sells for is market value." OR "List it with a 10 million reserve, open the bid at $1.00, it will not sell and you can see what the market value is on your car at that particular time."

ALL of YOUR arguments are just camouflage and distraction. You are using the wrong data.

Wherever that car is for sale, however it is for sale, if you want it YOU need to pay enough for the seller to let it go. PERIOD.

The Universe is full of possibilities. Yet we as mortals need to deal with probabilities.

Call probabilities the likeliness for success if you choose, that's just semantics.

The LIKELINESS of you being successful of buying the car with the characteristics that you listed for $80,000 when the seller is asking $150,000, is very low to the extent of it being non-existent.

EVEN the poor wretched soul, who set herself on fire in suicide over it,  who had the doctor's Daytonna Coupe, got $2.5 million for it and she had absolutely no idea what it was. Is this who Tony is looking to find and being generous at offering $80?

WHAT A TOTAL EMBARRASSMENT TO EVERYONE INVOLVED FOR A KNOWLEDGEABLE PERSON TO POST THAT WANTED AD HERE OF ALL PLACES! But then time and time again his posts PROVE who he is. That's for all to see. I'm not getting into that again.

It is true that there is someone who will beat the odds and win the big Power Ball but I haven't seen any "Shelby's" available in that kind of a sale and for only a buck too.

Is it presumptuous of me to presume that is what you are willing to pay. Absolutely but the general suggestion in this "discussion" is that a number around $80,000 is it.

IF you actually find "your car" I WILL bet VERY HEAVILY that you paid much closer to "market" (or going rate) then you did to $80k.

My GUESS, which is worth a pile of beans to Navy credits, is that it is around $125,000.

Not that anyone cares what I think, but I would define "market value" as the general PERCEIVED value.

Now not to change the subject but the current Cobra buyer (originals not continuation cars) is that the higher the sale prices go, the better the investment is.

There is definitely at least a trickle down effect on other "genuine Shelby cars", but the that thinking is not lost on a '66 GT350.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 09:12:59 AM by shelbydoug »
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2021, 09:11:26 AM »
No arguments here just an open discussion.

Hey did everyone hear that the president of Haiti got massacred ? Talk about turmoil

ALL of YOUR arguments are just camouflage and distraction. You are using the wrong data.

Wherever that car is for sale, however it is for sale, if you want it YOU need to pay enough for the seller to let it go. PERIOD.

The Universe is full of possibilities. Yet we as mortals need to deal with probabilities.

Call probabilities the likeliness for success if you choose, that's just semantics.

The LIKELINESS of you being successful of buying the car with the characteristics that you listed for $80,000 when the seller is asking $150,000, is very low to the extent of it being non-existent.

EVEN the poor wretched soul, who set herself on fire in suicide over it,  who had the doctor's Daytonna Coupe, got $2.5 million for it and she had absolutely no idea what it was. Is this who Tony is looking to find and being generous at offering $80?

WHAT A TOTAL EMBARRASSMENT TO EVERYONE INVOLVED FOR A KNOWLEDGEABLE PERSON TO POST THAT WANTED AD HERE OF ALL PLACES! But then time and time again his posts PROVE who he is. That's for all to see. I'm not getting into that again.

It is true that there is someone who will beat the odds and win the big Power Ball but I haven't seen any "Shelby's" available in that kind of a sale and for only a buck too.

Is it presumptuous of me to presume that is what you are willing to pay. Absolutely but the general suggestion in this "discussion" is that a number around $80,000 is it.

IF you actually find "your car" I WILL be VERY HEAVILY that you paid much closer to "market" (or going rate) then you did to $80k.

My GUESS, which is worth a pile of beans to Navy credits, is that it is around $125,000.

Now not to change the subject but the current Cobra buyer (originals not continuation cars) is that the higher the sale prices go, the better the investment is.

There is definitely at least a trickle down effect on other "genuine Shelby cars", but the that thinking is not lost on a '66 GT350.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy