News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Who would sell their gt350 for less then it's market value?

Started by 427hunter, July 06, 2021, 12:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcanuck

At the end of the day... isn't buying and selling just a matter of a yes or no.

I recently had someone make an unsolicited offer on my GT350 that was double what I paid for it.

In short my response was no. He commented 'Yeah, I wouldn't have sold it for that either'. 

Did he make me a fair offer...... oh yes he did. More than fair, in fact probably twenty to thirty more that its worth. He was willing to overpay IMHO, and then let me know that he would pay even more by his parting comment. I truly believe I could have upped his offer by twenty five, and he would have bought it..... it was lunch money for him, and condo in the mountains money for me.

In my opinion he was and is ready to buy and get what he wants.  Me, regardless of price I am not ready to sell.... its only been mine for 3 or 4 years, and I still have work to do to get it where it needs to be IMO and more driving enjoyment is in our future.

At the end of the day.... it's just a simple yes or no.... whether you are holding the keys, or the checkbook.
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

shelbymann1970

Quote from: oldcanuck on July 09, 2021, 09:00:08 AM
At the end of the day... isn't buying and selling just a matter of a yes or no.

I recently had someone make an unsolicited offer on my GT350 that was double what I paid for it.

In short my response was no. He commented 'Yeah, I wouldn't have sold it for that either'. 

Did he make me a fair offer...... oh yes he did. More than fair, in fact probably twenty to thirty more that its worth. He was willing to overpay IMHO, and then let me know that he would pay even more by his parting comment. I truly believe I could have upped his offer by twenty five, and he would have bought it..... it was lunch money for him, and condo in the mountains money for me.

In my opinion he was and is ready to buy and get what he wants.  Me, regardless of price I am not ready to sell.... its only been mine for 3 or 4 years, and I still have work to do to get it where it needs to be IMO and more driving enjoyment is in our future.

At the end of the day.... it's just a simple yes or no.... whether you are holding the keys, or the checkbook.
I've had my vert for 36 years now and I'm not ready to sell.  :) 
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

427hunter

It's the same trolls that make every discussion about them, they have ruined this forum.
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

FL SAAC

Some of us can not embrace change but truly struggle because they lack the necessary know-how to connect

In working with people, we embark together on a process of change that involves 8 stages of transformation:

1. Disengagement

2. Disidentification

3. Disorientation

4. Letting Go

5. Reengagement

6. Discovery

7. Clarity

8. Integration

For more help follow my daily "Fighting Negativity" tips to guide you through these stressful times
Thank you

I have all UNGOLD cars

Bill

Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

FL SAAC

Quote from: Bill on July 09, 2021, 12:40:35 PM
Less is more

+ 1 I agree Bill all this sesquipedalianism loquaciousness is truly unnecessary.

I'm sticking with Bhueller y'all still here.....

I have all UNGOLD cars

427hunter

Quote from: FL SAAC on July 09, 2021, 12:53:35 PM
Less is more

+ 1 I agree Bill all this sesquipedalianism loquaciousness is truly unnecessary.

You are truly a master of destruction, you have almost single handedly annoyed every member yet keep plugging away. I have not seen narcissism on display like this in many years.

Inigo Montoya

Jackie Brown

FL SAAC

You have truly disenchanted me with your statements.

I leave you with this advice  "Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome" let me add smile !

Back to the topic :

Who cares ?

Quote from: 427hunter on July 09, 2021, 01:19:10 PM
Quote from: FL SAAC on July 09, 2021, 12:53:35 PM
Less is more

You are truly a master of destruction, you have almost single handedly annoyed every member yet keep plugging away. I have not seen narcissism on display like this in many years.

I have all UNGOLD cars

427hunter

Quote from: FL SAAC on July 09, 2021, 01:38:25 PM
You have truly disenchanted me with your statements.

I leave you with this advice  "Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome" let me add smile !

Back to the topic :

Who cares

[/quote]

I would think you would care, as you are the one trying to buy a gt350 for 80k. Or did you forget your prior insanity?

Inigo Montoya

Jackie Brown

FL SAAC

This is how we always get off topic, please refer to the original post.

As far as what one wants and what one gets, that would be another discussion to be held.

No need to loose sleep or worry your head over a hypothetical question.

Cheers !

Quote from: 427hunter on July 06, 2021, 12:40:27 PM
I have recently seen a number of wanted posts for 66 gt350's, the common thread is that the people posting these wants (for the most part) are looking for a car below it's market value, in some cases less then 50% of market value.

The question is, would owners here on the saac forum sell their car for a reduce price because the buyer is on the saac forum as well?

I have all UNGOLD cars

Krelboyne

Researcher Ben Radford wrote about the phenomenon of clowns in history and modern day in his book Bad Clowns, and found that bad clowns have evolved into Internet trolls. They do not dress up as traditional clowns but, for their own amusement, they tease and exploit "human foibles" in order to speak the "truth" and gain a reaction. Like clowns in make-up, Internet trolls hide behind "anonymous accounts and fake usernames". In their eyes, they are the trickster and are performing for a nameless audience via the Internet. Studies conducted in the fields of human–computer interaction and cyberpsychology by other researchers have corroborated Radford's analysis on the phenomenon of Internet trolling as a form of deception-serving entertainment and its correlations to aggressive behavior, katagelasticism, black humor, and the Dark tetrad.

Trolling correlates positively with sadism, trait psychopathy, and Machiavellianism (see Dark triad). Trolls take pleasure from causing pain and emotional suffering. Their ability to upset or harm gives them a feeling of power. Psychological researches conducted in the fields of personality psychology and cyberpsychology report that trolling behavior qualifies as an anti-social behavior and is strongly correlated to Sadistic personality disorder (SPD). Researches have shown that men, compared with women, are more likely to perpetrate trolling behavior; these gender differences in online anti-social behavior may be a reflection of gender stereotypes, where agentic characteristics such as competitiveness and dominance are encouraged in men. The results corroborated that gender (male) is a significant predictor of trolling behavior, alongside trait psychopathy and sadism to be significant positive predictors. Moreover, these studies have shown that people who enjoy trolling online tend to also enjoy hurting other people in everyday life, therefore corroborating a longstanding and persistent pattern of psychopathological sadism.

A   psychoanalytic   and   sexologic   study on the phenomenon of Internet trolling asserts that anonymity increases the incidence of the trolling behavior, and that "the internet is becoming a   medium   to invest our anxieties and not thinking about the repercussions of trolling and affecting the victims mentally and incite a sense of guilt and shame within them".
Scott Behncke - Carchaeologist @ WCCC

FL SAAC

Please stay on this topic or start your own post

Thank you in advance

P.S. you have the same writing methods of someone negative who posted here in the past ...

Quote from: Krelboyne on July 09, 2021, 05:09:25 PM
Researcher Ben Radford wrote about the phenomenon of clowns in history and modern day in his book Bad Clowns, and found that bad clowns have evolved into Internet trolls. They do not dress up as traditional clowns but, for their own amusement, they tease and exploit "human foibles" in order to speak the "truth" and gain a reaction. Like clowns in make-up, Internet trolls hide behind "anonymous accounts and fake usernames". In their eyes, they are the trickster and are performing for a nameless audience via the Internet. Studies conducted in the fields of human–computer interaction and cyberpsychology by other researchers have corroborated Radford's analysis on the phenomenon of Internet trolling as a form of deception-serving entertainment and its correlations to aggressive behavior, katagelasticism, black humor, and the Dark tetrad.

Trolling correlates positively with sadism, trait psychopathy, and Machiavellianism (see Dark triad). Trolls take pleasure from causing pain and emotional suffering. Their ability to upset or harm gives them a feeling of power. Psychological researches conducted in the fields of personality psychology and cyberpsychology report that trolling behavior qualifies as an anti-social behavior and is strongly correlated to Sadistic personality disorder (SPD). Researches have shown that men, compared with women, are more likely to perpetrate trolling behavior; these gender differences in online anti-social behavior may be a reflection of gender stereotypes, where agentic characteristics such as competitiveness and dominance are encouraged in men. The results corroborated that gender (male) is a significant predictor of trolling behavior, alongside trait psychopathy and sadism to be significant positive predictors. Moreover, these studies have shown that people who enjoy trolling online tend to also enjoy hurting other people in everyday life, therefore corroborating a longstanding and persistent pattern of psychopathological sadism.

A   psychoanalytic   and   sexologic   study on the phenomenon of Internet trolling asserts that anonymity increases the incidence of the trolling behavior, and that "the internet is becoming a   medium   to invest our anxieties and not thinking about the repercussions of trolling and affecting the victims mentally and incite a sense of guilt and shame within them".

I have all UNGOLD cars