Author Topic: Who would sell their gt350 for less then it's market value?  (Read 14628 times)

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Who would sell their gt350 for less then it's market value?
« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2021, 06:51:48 PM »
Researcher Ben Radford wrote about the phenomenon of clowns in history and modern day in his book Bad Clowns, and found that bad clowns have evolved into Internet trolls. They do not dress up as traditional clowns but, for their own amusement, they tease and exploit "human foibles" in order to speak the "truth" and gain a reaction. Like clowns in make-up, Internet trolls hide behind "anonymous accounts and fake usernames". In their eyes, they are the trickster and are performing for a nameless audience via the Internet. Studies conducted in the fields of human–computer interaction and cyberpsychology by other researchers have corroborated Radford's analysis on the phenomenon of Internet trolling as a form of deception-serving entertainment and its correlations to aggressive behavior, katagelasticism, black humor, and the Dark tetrad.

Trolling correlates positively with sadism, trait psychopathy, and Machiavellianism (see Dark triad). Trolls take pleasure from causing pain and emotional suffering. Their ability to upset or harm gives them a feeling of power. Psychological researches conducted in the fields of personality psychology and cyberpsychology report that trolling behavior qualifies as an anti-social behavior and is strongly correlated to Sadistic personality disorder (SPD). Researches have shown that men, compared with women, are more likely to perpetrate trolling behavior; these gender differences in online anti-social behavior may be a reflection of gender stereotypes, where agentic characteristics such as competitiveness and dominance are encouraged in men. The results corroborated that gender (male) is a significant predictor of trolling behavior, alongside trait psychopathy and sadism to be significant positive predictors. Moreover, these studies have shown that people who enjoy trolling online tend to also enjoy hurting other people in everyday life, therefore corroborating a longstanding and persistent pattern of psychopathological sadism.

A   psychoanalytic   and   sexologic   study on the phenomenon of Internet trolling asserts that anonymity increases the incidence of the trolling behavior, and that "the internet is becoming a   medium   to invest our anxieties and not thinking about the repercussions of trolling and affecting the victims mentally and incite a sense of guilt and shame within them".
+1 and sadly, "The Truth".

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 12, 2021, 09:12:47 PM »
Holy Mackerel we is on page eight, good lawd !
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #110 on: July 13, 2021, 08:58:03 PM »
wow strange ad.

Guess so but kind of refreshing. Not like the seller appears to be a professional at selling on Ebay

The ad and pictures lack all the hoopla and obfuscation we typically see with all the history of the Shelby (not always the specific car) and used car sales man's slickness. May have sold for more (if it sold to a new owner) if they had constructed a better ad, with more info and detail.

Not allot of solid (don't know if that is the case here) unrestored or not fixed up cars out there and fewer every day.

Even though its not a GT350, the stated focus of this thread, it is an example of "market value" at this moment
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 13, 2021, 09:04:11 PM »
Looked like a good buy if everything checked out.  There are good deals out there from time to time.  I do like the 67s and lusted after one before 843 came into my life.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 14, 2021, 09:17:52 AM »
Looked like a good buy if everything checked out.  There are good deals out there from time to time.  I do like the 67s and lusted after one before 843 came into my life.

+ 1

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 14, 2021, 09:40:33 AM »
wow strange ad.

Guess so but kind of refreshing. Not like the seller appears to be a professional at selling on Ebay

The ad and pictures lack all the hoopla and obfuscation we typically see with all the history of the Shelby (not always the specific car) and used car sales man's slickness. May have sold for more (if it sold to a new owner) if they had constructed a better ad, with more info and detail.

Not allot of solid (don't know if that is the case here) unrestored or not fixed up cars out there and fewer every day.

Even though its not a GT350, the stated focus of this thread, it is an example of "market value" at this moment
While it said 1967 Mustang-1967 Shelby Mustang in sub title-  there was no description at all. Nothing. Not even a little. That is what I found strange. I don't recall seeing ads with zero description for cars. Parts? Yes. Cars, no.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

oldcanuck

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 14, 2021, 10:19:19 AM »
Well there you go... possibly a sale at less than market value.

Hell.... I would think if real, it would part out for more than that ! 

Just my .02
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2021, 11:08:35 AM »
wow strange ad.

While it said 1967 Mustang-1967 Shelby Mustang in sub title-  there was no description at all. Nothing. Not even a little. That is what I found strange. I don't recall seeing ads with zero description for cars. Parts? Yes. Cars, no.
Those that remain vigilant, always watching, will be rewarded, those that dont... Well dont!

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 14, 2021, 11:19:16 AM »
    I like the ad. No two or three paragraph history of SAI , or FLOWERY descriptions . The car is what it is , let it sell itself.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 14, 2021, 02:06:22 PM »
in the market still looking.....

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy