News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Here is a macabre post to add to the current posting controversies

Started by deathsled, July 07, 2021, 09:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: deathsled on July 08, 2021, 10:45:57 AM
Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on July 08, 2021, 12:05:02 AM
Quote from: deathsled on July 07, 2021, 09:32:07 PM
If you had to perish in a car, what car would you select to be your destructor?  ........  Me, it would be my red Hertz.

PLEASE - use your Boss 302. I'd like the opportunity to buy "my" Hertz car back from your estate.
..... Though my daughter is excited about driving the Boss 302. ....
Enjoy the time with your daughter. Ours hated Mustangs as that is what we always crammed her in the back seat of. In high school she hated driving our 70 fastback - built 351C 4speed with the right stance. The boys were always bugging her to let them drive it - she knew better. We did come home from one of the SAAC conventions with a brand new Mustang convert Ford had loaned us. She washed filled it up and we didn't see her til well after dark. She and a couple girlfriends decided to go to the beach. I think she ran 3 tanks of gas through it before it had to go back.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

deathsled

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on July 09, 2021, 06:41:23 PM
Quote from: deathsled on July 08, 2021, 10:45:57 AM
Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on July 08, 2021, 12:05:02 AM
Quote from: deathsled on July 07, 2021, 09:32:07 PM
If you had to perish in a car, what car would you select to be your destructor?  ........  Me, it would be my red Hertz.

PLEASE - use your Boss 302. I'd like the opportunity to buy "my" Hertz car back from your estate.
..... Though my daughter is excited about driving the Boss 302. ....
Enjoy the time with your daughter. Ours hated Mustangs as that is what we always crammed her in the back seat of. In high school she hated driving our 70 fastback - built 351C 4speed with the right stance. The boys were always bugging her to let them drive it - she knew better. We did come home from one of the SAAC conventions with a brand new Mustang convert Ford had loaned us. She washed filled it up and we didn't see her til well after dark. She and a couple girlfriends decided to go to the beach. I think she ran 3 tanks of gas through it before it had to go back.
She already expressed an interest in the Boss saying she is "totally obsessed with it."  She had her graduation from high school today in Germany.  I literally missed everything from first steps to this but life goes on.  It will be a weird circumstance at the airport.  I thought of dressing up in a Darth Vader outfit (but of course I wouldn't in reality but rather in my fantasy life) or alternatively hiring someone three feet tall who would greet her as her dad.  Or seven feet tall.  But all that would be too cruel.  I know Mark Worman has a daughter whom he terrorizes by calling her "his seed" or "fruit of my loins" which annoys her to no end.  I will refrain from that sort of thing.  In the beginning at least.  Thanks for the story about your daughter and the convertible.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: deathsled on July 09, 2021, 06:55:01 PM
I thought of dressing up in a Darth Vader outfit (but of course I wouldn't in reality but rather in my fantasy life) or alternatively hiring someone three feet tall who would greet her as her dad.  Or seven feet tall.  But all that would be too cruel. 

Dress up as some tacky limo driver and greet her with a sign. Darth could work or even Xmas in July

Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

427heaven

Why dress up in some wierdo outfit... Dress as you are, start off with a sincere IM SORRY and let the healing begin. You are a lucky man to be given that opportunity!

mikeh

I have owned this car since 1984, can't bear the thought of some else driving it!!! Plus its not particularly rare or valuable, I have always told my wives to bury me in it!

deathsled

Quote from: 427heaven on July 10, 2021, 11:53:11 AM
Why dress up in some wierdo outfit... Dress as you are, start off with a sincere IM SORRY and let the healing begin. You are a lucky man to be given that opportunity!

Sound advice.  I am too conservative to do anything so outlandish, but in my wild fantasy world I sometimes think of very weird things.  Perhaps this is a holdover of how I used to entertain myself growing up an only child.  I appreciate your input and it will be heeded.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

Quote from: deathsled on July 10, 2021, 02:12:10 PM
Quote from: 427heaven on July 10, 2021, 11:53:11 AM

Sound advice.  I am too conservative to do anything so outlandish, but in my wild fantasy world I sometimes think of very weird things.  Perhaps this is a holdover of how I used to entertain myself growing up an only child.  I appreciate your input and it will be heeded.

You look better in black....
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert