News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

WTB: Weber carburetor parts

Started by Dan Case, July 09, 2021, 11:00:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Case

Wanted to buy. I am looking for good used to new old stock E. Weber carburetor pre-1970 parts as listed in the picture. No reproductions please, I am aware of reproductions of various pieces from sources here and abroad.

Some parts originated in the late 1950s for Jaguar XK 120C and 140D engines or some versions of Porsche engines. Some parts were widely used in the 1950s and into the early 1960s. Using 1950s E. Weber data sheets and some Shelby American information I built a cross reference of models using the same parts.

(None of these parts were used in 48 IDA, 48 IDA 1, 46 IDA 2, 46 IDA 3, or 48 IDA 4 assemblies.)

Thanks for looking.
Dan Case
1964 Cobra owner since 1983, Cobra crazy since I saw my first one in the mid 1960s in Huntsville, AL.

427heaven

Dan- I have some vintage Porsche- VW Webers that are the Bologna Italy type carbs. They measure approx. 44. Would these have what you are looking for, they are from the 1960s I believe?

Dan Case

Quote from: 427heaven on October 24, 2021, 09:57:47 AM
Dan- I have some vintage Porsche- VW Webers that are the Bologna Italy type carbs. They measure approx. 44. Would these have what you are looking for, they are from the 1960s I believe?

If you have Porsche racing 46 IDM1 or 46 IDM2 models you might.
Dan Case
1964 Cobra owner since 1983, Cobra crazy since I saw my first one in the mid 1960s in Huntsville, AL.

427heaven

OK- Are there numbers on them somewhere that would be easy to designate what they are?

Dan Case

The sand cast aluminum carburetors left the E. Weber factory with identification tags riveted to them. There is a field labeled "TIPO" (type) for the assembly model number.

Dan Case

427heaven

My carbs have a cover that is located higher up on the carb but appears to have a smooth plate that has patina on it :-\ , no other numbers I can see.

Dan Case

Quote from: 427heaven on October 24, 2021, 03:14:43 PM
My carbs have a cover that is located higher up on the carb but appears to have a smooth plate that has patina on it :-\ , no other numbers I can see.

Do you have any pictures available? All the down draft models in this carburetor design family between the mid 1950s and early 1964 look almost the same except for design of fuel filter assemblies at the inlets and throttle levers.  Most of the small parts are the same except "sizes" of calibrated parts. There were the 46 IDM, 48 IDM (originally 46 IDM carburetors reworked for a Maserati F1 race engines), 46 IDM1 for Porsche 1500 RSK racers, 46 IDM2 for Porsche 356 Carrera 587 racers, 48 IDM 1 for Ford and Shelby  race engines,  and 48 IDM 5 models widely used by many race teams including Shelby American.

Some of the parts for this family of down draft carburetors were also used in the 45 DCO 3.  I get responses from people all the time with 45 DCOE carburetor parts. The two carburetor designs and their parts are quite different.

As it happened the air horn clamps for the Ford Weber 58 DSF carburetors created for the 255 "INDY" aluminum engine that was cancelled were the same as the 46/48 IDM family parts.
Dan Case