News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Keeping it on target

Started by Coralsnake, July 10, 2021, 11:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

The website that stays on point has another update.

I have added some great stuff...The first GT500 KR, the first GT500, a new dealer article and the best page you will find about 1968 Shelby options.

Thanks for the support.

www.thecoralsnake.com  ( to come in the front door )

www.thecoralsnake.com/new ( the executive entrance if you have seen it all )

Pete,  Great update as always.  thanks for all you do for the hobby

Special Ed

Pete i dont see any mention about factory headrest option in the 68 option section. My old loaded KR had that option and its on the buildsheet and all the paperwork and  marti verifed it so was it special ordered for someone special that we all know HAHA?

Coralsnake

honker

Pete, great work as always on the new additions ! In the updates for Koon's Ford, the section on the decal,  maybe this has already

been pointed out ? the first image of the dealership at night, the first '65 GT350 on the left, looks to have steel wheels in the front

and Cragars on the back ?

Mike

I've taken the liberty of including your image  ;)

Coralsnake

I never noticed that, something looks funny

J_Speegle

Pete Thanks for another great update
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Coralsnake

I always appreciate the recognition. Thank you all that help.

KR Convertible

propayne

I find this fascinating - the dash emblem on #56, the first GT500 'vert, was obviously designed around the more rounded snake design.

Would love to know the story as to why the snake was changed for the production emblem, which no longer follows that contour.

Great stuff!

- Phillip

President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

shelbymann1970

Pete, I absolutely love when you add new stuff and  especially period pics.  Best web page out there. I noticed on the KOONS link in your pics one Koons ad mentions mink stoles and MIDGET Mustangs and you ref  mink stoles and "mini-Mustangs". Sign of our times in the politically correct spectrum.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

shelbymann1970

Pete, I assume you or an owner of #56 have contacted the original owner? A people search shows him in Highland Mi(age 70s).
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Coralsnake

The complete ownership chain was documented

Yes, he was contacted