News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Getting shined up for shows

Started by Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas, July 10, 2021, 04:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Taking the car to some AACA shows and other ones where it needs to be more "original" rather than "driver"
So I put on the restored Magnum 500's with reproduction Goodyear Blue Streaks.
Won't be driven any distance, but it will be as close to original as I can make it
First time on the original wheels since the late 80's (thanks to Shelby Parts and Restoration) and first time on Blue Streaks since it probably left Shelby American in 1966
Just have some more cleaning to do
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

deathsled

She's looking mighty fine.  Looking forward to see you at MCACN.  As you know, I signed up for it.  Not sure if I will drive or trailer the red and gold over.  It is a very short distance away from me.  Will depend on the weather.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Corey Bowcutt

Steve, it looks really really nice. Wish I was going to the show with you. Corey

mark p

"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

Tom Honegger

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert