News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Remembering my yearbook drawing of a Shelby circa 1979 by my best friend

Started by deathsled, July 10, 2021, 07:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

Ironic that he wished me to have a 1965 Shelby in the coming years.  Shows how far back I lusted after one.  We were not fond of Camaros as you might note.  Only because two guys in high school had them and they were not the best people in our estimation.  He knew I ended up with a 1966 Hertz.  Sometimes it is good to revisit the past.  Many found memories you conjure in me, Dan.  R.I.P. 2019
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Side-Oilers

Richard,
Cool that you were always a Shelby guy.  The person who signed your yearbook did a good job on the quick sketch, too.

My yearbook had many comments of how "crazy" of a driver I was. Always (and I mean always) peeling out from a stoplight or stop sign.

And of course there were the daily street races.

Good times.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

98SVT - was 06GT

Karma - except for the hood scoop that's 843 when I got it with 10" wide wheels on all 4 corners and butchered wheel wells.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

deathsled

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on July 11, 2021, 06:16:10 PM
Karma - except for the hood scoop that's 843 when I got it with 10" wide wheels on all 4 corners and butchered wheel wells.

Your car has seen me through a lot of turmoil in my life.  Like a comfort food in times of distress only in the form of an automobile.  Though there was one moment where I was dangerously close to selling it before completion, I resisted external pressures to do so.  To me, 843 is more than just an automobile.  There is something more about it that I cannot quite articulate.  If feels like it is alive to me sometimes.  No joking.  Though I am not superstitious about such things, sometimes I wonder, late at night as she sits quietly in my garage, undisturbed.   

Best regards,

Richard E.

deathsled

Quote from: Side-Oilers on July 11, 2021, 06:11:49 PM
Richard,
Cool that you were always a Shelby guy.  The person who signed your yearbook did a good job on the quick sketch, too.

My yearbook had many comments of how "crazy" of a driver I was. Always (and I mean always) peeling out from a stoplight or stop sign.

And of course there were the daily street races.

Good times.
Muscle cars and good times from that era beat the millennial iPhone lifestyle EVERY time!