News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Whatever happened to SFM6S541 and 8TO 01564

Started by fordfanatic, July 13, 2021, 03:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fordfanatic

Hi Everyone,
Back in the 1980s, and back when I was still Shelby rich, I owned 1966 GT350H #541 (original 4-speed Hertz) and 1968 GT500 #01564. Both cars were in the 1989 SAAC World Registry. I sold the cars in 1989 so that I could pay my house off early. This allowed my wife to stay home to raise our two sons. I sold both cars to the same person and he bought them to flip. I live in Iowa and the last I heard the GT350H was in the east coast and the GT500 was in Montana. I always wondered what happened to the cars and thought maybe someone on here would know. Steve 

deathsled

541 is with Ervin Fazekas of Rochester, NH at least as of 12-1997 according to the latest 66 registry.  I do not have the 67 registry but perhaps someone can supplement my findings.

Good luck in perhaps reacquiring one or both if that is your intention. (I suffered some for you, reading of the circumstances for the sale of your cars.)

Richard E.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

fordfanatic

Thanks Richard! I seem to remember someone from New Hampshire calling me years ago when they were thinking about buying my old GT350H. They were looking into the car's history before pulling the trigger.

#01564 was a 1968 and not a 1967. If anyone has the 1968 Registry and can look up #01564 I would appreciate it.

Selling both cars was a tough decision as I only intended on selling one of them. But when the buyer offered up enough money to pay off my mortgage after only owning the house for 10 years it was a no brainer. And since I was already able to find two affordable Shelbys that needed restored, I figured I could always find another one. But of course that didn't happen! But no regrets (well maybe a little regret) as it was important to us at the time for my wife to be a stay at home mother. When my sons were born (1983 and 1985) they both came home from the hospital in each of the Shelbys. And they both remind me that I sold THEIR cars!   

shelbymann1970

We made a decision back in 1993 for my wife to be a stay at home mom when my 3rd kid was born(she went to part time after the first) but I was more fortunate. I sold my Boss 429 in 1988 along with a Mach1(2 days apart) and paid off my first house and still had my 70 GT350 vert which I still own. I believe having 3 great successful kids is a direct result of my wife being a stay at home mom. Gary 
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)