Author Topic: 1970 shelby salvage  (Read 7102 times)

pbf777

• View Profile
Re: 1970 shelby salvage
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2021, 08:52:39 PM »
   If only people were honest Bob. At least the vin has been exposed when it does come back we'll know.

It is about to donate the necessary numbers and paperwork to "create" its' rebirth from some "re-body" clone thing.  What does one think the current seller is counting on! And then it will be dumped into the market place for an unknowing if only casual purchaser.    >:(

Scott.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2021, 08:57:49 PM »
   If only people were honest Bob. At least the vin has been exposed when it does come back we'll know.

It is about to donate the necessary numbers and paperwork to "create" its' rebirth from some "re-body" clone thing.  What does one think the current seller is counting on! And then it will be dumped into the market place for an unknowing if only casual purchaser.    >:(

Scott.

If Mongo the Magnificent prints the Kripy Kritters current photos in the next registry, stick a fork in it, it's done !
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2021, 05:58:52 AM »

"They're coming to get you Barbara."

Great obscure reference, Richard.  NOTLD is still one of may favorite horror movies. 

Johnny and Barbara were in a '66 Pontiac LeMans. 

The farm truck caught fire. The LeMans crashed its driver side into a tree.
It is also the intro on Graveyard carz latest season. Mark is a movie buff. So those familiar with the show have heard that phrase countless times lately.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Side-Oilers

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2021, 03:52:34 PM »
^^^ Oh...I've never seen that show.   
Current:
2006 FGT. Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model 3-spd stick

Rodster-500

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2021, 09:12:25 PM »
Three things:
I hope the occupants were ok
I hope they had good insurance
I hope this vin does not end up on another car

I'm wondering if it wasn't in a structure fire and the building collapsed on it?

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2021, 01:59:37 AM »
I think IT was the structure fire… :D

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2021, 08:34:44 AM »
I think IT was the structure fire… :D

artificial lightning
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

nctrucks

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2021, 12:12:27 PM »
Bidding got to 5,300  The reserve was not met.  Copart is rerunning it.  So get your bids in.  Almost complete Shelby for under 10k ?   LOL

pbf777

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2021, 05:54:08 PM »
Bidding got to 5,300  The reserve was not met.  Copart is rerunning it.

It may not be illegal to auction off scrap, but with a reserve in excess of the obvious scrap metal value, it makes one wonder: aren't they (Copart) with the successful sale of this........thing, going to be complicit in the illegal activity of, although will be lauded as something else, but more simply and accurately described as "V.I.N. swapping"?       :o

The legal train of thought here is as follows; in the process where one party purchases a "thing" from another for far less than the apparent true value, then the receiving party may perhaps have the responsibility of being concerned as to whether the selling party actually has legal title to such.  And failure here depending on further circumstances may get one a free ride wearing some not so comfortable bracelets on the taxpayer's dime.  So if, in this case Copart, who should be very knowledgeable as to the true market value of scrap, chooses to market this thing for a multitude in excess of its' true scrap value, who are they attempting to do business with?     ::)

Scott.

tesgt350

• View Profile
    • BLACK HAT PERFORMANCE
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2021, 06:59:19 AM »
Bidding got to 5,300  The reserve was not met.  Copart is rerunning it.

It may not be illegal to auction off scrap, but with a reserve in excess of the obvious scrap metal value, it makes one wonder: aren't they (Copart) with the successful sale of this........thing, going to be complicit in the illegal activity of, although will be lauded as something else, but more simply and accurately described as "V.I.N. swapping"?       :o

The legal train of thought here is as follows; in the process where one party purchases a "thing" from another for far less than the apparent true value, then the receiving party may perhaps have the responsibility of being concerned as to whether the selling party actually has legal title to such.  And failure here depending on further circumstances may get one a free ride wearing some not so comfortable bracelets on the taxpayer's dime.  So if, in this case Copart, who should be very knowledgeable as to the true market value of scrap, chooses to market this thing for a multitude in excess of its' true scrap value, who are they attempting to do business with?     ::)

Scott.

Wouldn't that be the same as saying Bass Pro Shop is also guilty if someone shoots someone using a Gun they just Bought from them the day before?

pbf777

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2021, 10:49:46 AM »
Wouldn't that be the same as saying Bass Pro Shop is also guilty if someone shoots someone using a Gun they just Bought from them the day before?

Not a all!    :)

Now, perhaps if they chose to sell "Saturday-Night-Specials" for multitudes of their true market value, say 'on line' ('FREE' freight to L.A. or Chicago!  ::) ), with the illusion, but not the statement, that they are going to fail to process, or just loose the paperwork (ATF Form 4473), making the weapon untraceable,..............well, who do you think they would be attempting to do business with?    :-\

It's not just the act of having sold the product that may at some point in the unforeseen future be involved in an illegal act, but rather the perceived intent of the practice in the act, and the fact of the change this may have in the business relationship and with whom.  This does prove to be somewhat of a difficult subject to define, but 'REASONABLE' interpretation is what is required, this from an educated, moral and just society, which we may be suffering from the loss of at this point.     :(

I think, and I'm willing to bet as do many others, that the only reason someone is willing to pay something far greater than the normally anticipated value for, and that for what purpose the seller has placed the auction reserve of, is not the "scrap", but rather the added value of the............ paper-work,............ which this value is capitalized upon by doing what illegal act?!     ::)

Scott.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 11:38:51 AM by pbf777 »

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2021, 05:49:11 PM »
So, as a young kid in Fort Worth, there was a guy with a red 68 who (for some unknown reason) painted "Krispy Kritter" on the back-side of the rear spoiler...much like you would see on a boat...  This one clearly deserves that moniker...
Tom - DFW, Texas

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2021, 07:04:18 PM »
I like the term WELL DONE ... Literally and figuratively.