Author Topic: Monkeypox  (Read 1499 times)

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Monkeypox
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2021, 12:26:59 PM »
"I'll see your Covid and raise you monkeypox."

https://www.11alive.com/mobile/article/news/local/passenger-traveled-through-atlanta-confirmed-to-have-monkeypox/85-13bc5f85-54e9-4c35-b7b5-84cf5b014414

And we know who that is,  we will not disclose the whereabouts or name due to privacy issues.

Get well soon !
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2021, 12:36:37 PM »
They are getting ready to close us up again. I hope we stand up this time, and that includes YOU California and New York! If not you can say goodbye to SAAC whatever number you want!
Here is an idea, let do SAAC convention in Knoxville, TN, as we will stand up against tyranny! Tail of the Dragon, anyone?

https://tailofthedragon.com
RARE  Signature Delete

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2021, 01:19:02 PM »
They are getting ready to close us up again. I hope we stand up this time, and that includes YOU California and New York! If not you can say goodbye to SAAC whatever number you want!
Here is an idea, let do SAAC convention in Knoxville, TN, as we will stand up against tyranny! Tail of the Dragon, anyone?

I could live on that road in the afterlife for all eternity and not feel bad about it. Driving my Shelby Mustang of course and not driving a Prius. (Or stuck behind a Prius that won't pull over.)
My Tail of the Dragon tapestry and steel dragon memorabilia. The metal dragon was forged and welded by the maker of the big one at Deals Gap...I want to go back. Cherohala Skyway was a dream to drive as well.
In the Hertz Shelby GTH rental at the tail...
For those who want to know, that was car 0063. I am 100 percent positive I am correct because 63 was the year I was born. So memory by association is at work here. Looks like I hijacked my own thread.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 01:44:42 PM by deathsled »

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2021, 01:33:43 PM »

I could live on that road in the afterlife for all eternity and not feel bad about it. Driving my Shelby Mustang of course and not driving a Prius. (Or stuck behind a Prius that won't pull over.)
My Tail of the Dragon tapestry and steel dragon memorabilia. The metal dragon was forged and welded by the maker of the big one at Deals Gap...I want to go back. Cherohala Skyway was a dream to drive as well.

Mr R

You rode that road in a GTH didn't you ?

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2021, 01:56:46 PM »
Correct. I modified the post to include a few stills. That was car 0063. Very few moments in life can I recall having so much fun even though alone at the Tail of the Dragon.
Here are links to the videos I posted. Pretty sure I posted these here before.
https://youtu.be/lIx8Tp2XlGM
I wasn't driving all out as there were the occasional ice patches and an encroaching semi that some motorcyclists warned me of toward the end of the drive.
Top of the Cherohala Skyway below.
https://youtu.be/j0mO4A6evzw
If the running commentary of my voice is annoying just mute and enjoy the road. And the Shelby GTH. Won't forget the question asked at the Atlanta airport by the Hertz rep at 11:30 pm.
Hertz Rep: "So what brings you to Atlanta?"
Me:  "Your car."
His look was priceless. No comment from him. Just the look of incredulity.

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2021, 02:37:08 PM »

Just a hop, skip, and jump from me....You'll have to go in the middle of the week (Tuesday/Wednesday at the best days right now), and even then it is clogged with bikes and wannabe race car drivers (even a few lost RV's) who cannot stay on their side of the road due to the number of professional photographers looking to sell their wares to the tourists. I've had too many close calls with both crossing over in tight turns into my lane. No place really to swerve, mountain (rock face or dense trees) on one side, steep drop offs on the other..Even with a heavy law enforcement presence (marked and unmarked alike), it's not for the faint of heart or driving skill ..Pick your poison for the trip, but beware, it may not come back unscathed.

Bill

PS: Although much better than the flatlands of Florida were a 5 foot elevation is considered a mountain.
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

TA Coupe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2021, 03:59:36 PM »
Block the road off and you have the American Nurburgring🙃

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2021, 04:31:12 PM »
Block the road off and you have the American Nurburgring🙃

Roy
With cliffs. For added excitement and peril.

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2021, 04:33:45 PM »

Just a hop, skip, and jump from me....You'll have to go in the middle of the week (Tuesday/Wednesday at the best days right now), and even then it is clogged with bikes and wannabe race car drivers (even a few lost RV's) who cannot stay on their side of the road due to the number of professional photographers looking to sell their wares to the tourists. I've had too many close calls with both crossing over in tight turns into my lane. No place really to swerve, mountain (rock face or dense trees) on one side, steep drop offs on the other..Even with a heavy law enforcement presence (marked and unmarked alike), it's not for the faint of heart or driving skill ..Pick your poison for the trip, but beware, it may not come back unscathed.

Bill

PS: Although much better than the flatlands of Florida were a 5 foot elevation is considered a mountain.
Yes "other" cars, thus SAAC should rent it for the next convention. Make it into a "track" event.
RARE  Signature Delete

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2021, 06:51:15 PM »

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2021, 07:03:21 PM »

PLEASE don't show them how to get out of California and anywhere near US!
RARE  Signature Delete

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2021, 07:23:55 PM »
39 hours. Lol. Some Cannonballers would scoff at that.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2021, 03:07:29 PM »
39 hours. Lol. Some Cannonballers would scoff at that.

This one would be closer if it was held here

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy