News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Transmission to Bell Housing Bolts [4]

Started by kingchief, July 17, 2021, 03:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingchief

Howdy,

Looking to buy the correct OEM four [4] transmission to bell housing bolts. Attached is a photo of the one I removed that I am sure is not OEM or correct. Can someone please post a picture of the correct bolt if no one has any to part with? Thanks in advance.

All the best,

Steve
SFM 6S406

Bob Gaines

Quote from: kingchief on July 17, 2021, 03:44:34 PM
Howdy,

Looking to buy the correct OEM four [4] transmission to bell housing bolts. Attached is a photo of the one I removed that I am sure is not OEM or correct. Can someone please post a picture of the correct bolt if no one has any to part with? Thanks in advance.

All the best,

Steve
The assemblyline bolt for the trans to the bell housing typically has no markings of any kind . The AMK ones with no makings look the same as the assemblyline bolts with no markings.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

kingchief

Thanks Bob. I can get them at NPD down the street.

Cheers and thanks again,

Steve
SFM 6S406

kingchief

Be advised, the ones I purchased at NPD have markings. The package is an AMK package but the NPD tag says 55-57 Thunderbird. The bolts have a "TR" marking on them. Invoice shows to be concours correct! Will take them back for a refund but a pain. Also purchased bell housing [manual] bolts [5] in a package with washers. 4 out of the 5 bolts have different head markings and in a AMK package. Probably NOT concours either. Yet another trip to NPD to return non concours items that have been marked in their catalogue as such.

All the best,

Steve
SFM 6S406

Bob Gaines

Quote from: kingchief on July 20, 2021, 03:36:47 PM
Be advised, the ones I purchased at NPD have markings. The package is an AMK package but the NPD tag says 55-57 Thunderbird. The bolts have a "TR" marking on them. Invoice shows to be concours correct! Will take them back for a refund but a pain. Also purchased bell housing [manual] bolts [5] in a package with washers. 4 out of the 5 bolts have different head markings and in a AMK package. Probably NOT concours either. Yet another trip to NPD to return non concours items that have been marked in their catalogue as such.

All the best,

Steve
Those dang TR marked bolts show up everywhere but were not for any year Shelby from the factory. Over the years what AMK used to sell which was accurate in markings and what they use today can be different. They have to buy 100'0's and in some cases 100's of thousands of the same bolt to get what they want . Years later when the supply runs out and they go to replace it they have to go with a replacement because it is not available anymore. In other cases they are confronted with having to buy huge amounts to get what they want at a higher cost or a smaller amount at a more nominal cost with a different marking . A business decision I guess. You have discovered yet another example unfortunately. The no name marking is the weakest grade of bolt so you have many alternatives. You can go to a well supplied hardware store and find the no name bolts of close length. In the past if all else failed I have found the all thread bolts to not have head markings. Once installed you will not be able to tell a difference and they are at least as strong.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby