Author Topic: 66 Hertz items needed for S1300  (Read 1540 times)

JBinAlabama

• I found a GT350 to drive!
    • View Profile
66 Hertz items needed for S1300
« on: July 13, 2021, 10:15:48 PM »
Hey Folks,
New guy here. I’m in search of a few items. Not for concurs restoration but a solid driver.
Magnum 500 wheels
Autolite carb
Distributor
Rear brake drum assemblies
T cobra oil pan
Steering wheel and center cap
Single reservoir master cylinder
Carpeting
Seat belts
Heater box

I have several items already, just compiling what is missing.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 12:56:41 AM by JBinAlabama »

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
Re: 66 Hertz items needed for S1300
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 11:07:23 PM »
Hey Folks,
New guy here. I’m in search of a few items. Not for concurs restoration but a solid driver.

So are you looking for reproduction or original parts since either will work if your doing a driver car. Will save $$$'s?

Items like oil pan, Magnums, valve covers, carpeting. steering wheel and center as well as a couple more are reproduced and their are even carbs faked into looking like correct ones just don't pay real price for a fake
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

6s1640

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 03:20:48 AM »
Hi JBin,

Please post some images so we know what where helping out with.  Fixer upper, barn find, nice clean car.  All are good.  I see in the registry the car was repainted white.  What is the color now?  Have you seen the repop Magnum 500's?  They look pretty nice.   Or less expensive Magnum 500's?   Do you want the high dollar C6ZF-F carb for automatic or the C6ZF-C for manual transmission or will a 4100 series carb, 600 cfm 1.12 venturies work?  Does the car still have the four speed?  You might want the Holley 3259.   The re-issues will be cheaper.   Are you trying to stay period assembly line or ?  How important are date codes?   In your list, you have near $12,000+ parts to buy.  Are your prepared for these expenses?

Best of luck on your search.  Patients will be the key, waiting for the right part.  Do your homework.

Cory
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 03:37:45 AM by 6s1640 »

JBinAlabama

• I found a GT350 to drive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2021, 04:03:04 PM »
Hey Guys,
Thank you for the info and ideas.

The car was repainted from Black/Gold to white/blue in 1980 and basically converted to 65 R model specs.
I don’t know if I will return it to original but I want to gather all the pieces so that if that decision is made it will be less complicated.
I may have the original drivetrain sorted, time will tell.
It sounds like I need to do some more searching here to determine my next steps

OldGuy

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2021, 04:25:25 PM »
Your car looks/SOUNDS great! I think that I could live with it as is.

Frank

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2021, 05:09:53 PM »
Hey Guys,
Thank you for the info and ideas.

The car was repainted from Black/Gold to white/blue in 1980 and basically converted to 65 R model specs.
I don’t know if I will return it to original but I want to gather all the pieces so that if that decision is made it will be less complicated.
I may have the original drivetrain sorted, time will tell.
It sounds like I need to do some more searching here to determine my next steps
Yes you need to decide what you want to do. The main decision as stated in reply #1 Jeff suggests that you need to decide if you are wanting faithful reproduction parts or original . Of course original will be much harder to find and in some cases depending on the part many multiples of the cost of faithful reproduction. Fortunately there are many faithful reproductions items on the market to help preserve the historical look. There are poor versions also so always do your research or ask here. As if it wasn't hard enough the good original and NOS parts are drying up fast . Keep in mind that many NOS parts because of evolution of the part do not look exactly like what came on the assemblyline.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby