Author Topic: Grocery getter  (Read 5564 times)

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Grocery getter
« on: July 18, 2021, 09:55:22 AM »
Be assured that I was checking on the red head every 30 seconds with military precision. Someone was taking photos as I checked out. Finished my 6:15 am drive on a 24 hour fast(gotta try to keep in shape with the Shelby) and completed shopping all before 8:00 am. 

« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 10:19:11 AM by deathsled »
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

mikeh

• View Profile
Re: Grocery getter
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2021, 10:41:52 AM »
I'm with ya!!

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2021, 10:44:32 AM »
I do Intermittent fasting and it has improved my heath so much, and it is really easy.....LOVE IT!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 02:52:55 PM by 67 GT350 »
RARE  Signature Delete

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2021, 11:34:17 AM »
I do intermediate fasting and it has improved my heath so much, and it is really easy.....LOVE IT!

I discovered fasting more recently.  I began to realize that I ate too much food.  Fasting makes you insulin sensitive again if you are not, there is autophagy where your body eats all of your bad cells but preserves the good.  You go into ketosis and the fat cells get turned into ketones and become fuel instead of glucose.  It is all good.  Plus it will make you live longer.  My grocery bill is less too.  It is a win win.

Cole gets me motivated.  Snake Diet.  Don't watch if you are easily offended.  He is a salty one from Alberta but he does have some valid points to make.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bog2eM_M3A

« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 11:40:54 AM by deathsled »

trotrof1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2021, 01:08:20 PM »
I would imagine a Shelby with a trunk full of groceries should bring a higher price at auction. Especially if its stocked full of beer and ribeyes.

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2021, 01:42:11 PM »
Rick Titus got a lot of flack after an interview at the Monterey Historics where he referred to 001 as a great grocery getter. Everyone was also upset "he" had popped the motor. When we got it back to the shop we found the culprit. The restorer had used genuine grade 3 hardware store nuts on the rods. He admitted he thought they would be good enough since he figured the car was going to be a trailer queen.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

GT350Lad

• SAAC Member
  • Trent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2021, 03:06:54 PM »
I would imagine a Shelby with a trunk full of groceries should bring a higher price at auction. Especially if its stocked full of beer and ribeyes.

So true, would love to hear that as she rolls across the block at Mecum or BJ  ;D
6S373
6S1276

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2021, 03:11:01 PM »
The best part of the shopping experience had to be finding a fairly empty parking lot and not having idiots park right up close to your car. 8)

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2021, 03:39:16 PM »
I do intermediate fasting and it has improved my heath so much, and it is really easy.....LOVE IT!

I discovered fasting more recently.  I began to realize that I ate too much food.  Fasting makes you insulin sensitive again if you are not, there is autophagy where your body eats all of your bad cells but preserves the good.  You go into ketosis and the fat cells get turned into ketones and become fuel instead of glucose.  It is all good.  Plus it will make you live longer.  My grocery bill is less too.  It is a win win.

Cole gets me motivated.  Snake Diet.  Don't watch if you are easily offended.  He is a salty one from Alberta but he does have some valid points to make.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bog2eM_M3A

+1
Yes all you said, my A1C is now nice and low, still in the pre-diabetic range, but way better than it was! I listened to Doctors for years tell me what to eat and it was making me sicker, and more meds. Then I heard about Keto and fasting, much better now. (Keto is the almost the same as Atkins) When they tell you your cholesterol is high, you need to get the test that measures the size of the particles  not the amount. Dr. Berg on youtube is a good one to follow.
Not involved with any of the above, just offering my 2 cents.
RARE  Signature Delete

honker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2021, 03:50:50 PM »
deathsled thanks for starting this thread ! It seems it has become not '66 specific ? so I'll add this one, think this was on forum 1 ?

Europe somewhere, maybe Sweden ?

Anyone know the car ?

I can't remember who the original poster was ? ?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 03:53:16 PM by honker »

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2021, 04:17:20 PM »
I listen to Dr. Berg as well. He is great. So is Dr. Sten Ekberg on youtube. When they speak I listen.

As for the 67 depicted in the post directly above those plates are definitely European. Sweden or perhaps Norway would be the most likely venue. They do not look like German plates to me.

rhjanes

• R "Junior" Janes
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2021, 04:58:23 PM »
here local to me, there is a gentleman who drives his 1965 Mustang 289 convertible to our Neighborhood Walmart on a regular basis.  Red, black interior and a white top.  Handicap plates help in that no one parks near him.  I need to note if it happens to be a GT or HiPo.  He's got the fog lights but he might have added those as a lot of people did. 
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

NC TRACKRAT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2021, 05:17:25 PM »
I "fast" every day between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.   ;)
5S071, 6S1467

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2021, 05:34:19 PM »

LOL....Thats better than some. some eat 24 hours a day.
RARE  Signature Delete

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2021, 07:45:49 PM »
Ideally a 16 hour fast from time to time would be better with the last meal around 4 pm.  Very beneficial to reducing inflammation in every part of the body.