Author Topic: '65 K code Engine Model  (Read 2219 times)

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
'65 K code Engine Model
« on: July 18, 2021, 03:17:02 PM »
So, I was at the mall yesterday with my son when I stumbled upon this model kit in a toy store.  I'm glad to see Ford is helping to promote the hobby, but it's a shame, being a part of this forum for so many years and listening to all the experts has ruined things like this for me.  Now when I look at it, all I see are all the mistakes they made in duplicating the original, ugh!  Why not just put a little bit more effort into it and get it right?  Enough complaining.

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Corey Bowcutt

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: '65 K code Engine Model
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2021, 05:05:48 PM »
Very cool Brian!

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 08:11:26 PM »
So, I was at the mall yesterday with my son when I stumbled upon this model kit in a toy store.  I'm glad to see Ford is helping to promote the hobby, but it's a shame, being a part of this forum for so many years and listening to all the experts has ruined things like this for me.  Now when I look at it, all I see are all the mistakes they made in duplicating the original, ugh!  Why not just put a little bit more effort into it and get it right?  Enough complaining.
That's just it, there is way too much critiquing of MODEL assemblies on this forum.

That's the exact reason I do not wish to share my 1/8 scale completed 67 GT500 model on this forum.

A few on here was very interested in some photos of my model and I sent them photos and they were astounded by the detail I added.  I added a huge amount of detail under the hood and the undercarriage from what I have learned from this forum.

But still some on here are Clueless to what it takes to put into and build a huge highly detailed model and continue to trash or bad-mouth any kind of work in a model.

For goodness sakes it's not a $100,000+ SAAC div 1 Shelby, it's a model car.

I'm very happy of what I accomplished, that's all that counts.

Be Covid Safe.

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 08:25:36 PM »
Why not just put a little bit more effort into it and get it right? 
Production scale models can never be perfect. Some of the materials won't translate to the size needed and still be easy to handle for the "kids" putting them together. Also mold makers get a lot of money and at the time these models were originally created they were doing several a month and having them be "museum quality" was not on the program. People of all skill levels build these things and I'd never enter some of my ham fisted attempts in any contest.
Now with 3D printers coming down in price how about a set of Webers and headers or maybe a Paxton for that engine?
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2021, 08:29:31 PM »
Where are the electric motor kits? :o

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2021, 08:30:31 PM »

Just slap it together,  over use the cement so you melt some of the parts.  Then spray it your or your sons favorite color. Once assembled slam it around and do some daredevil stunts just like when you where young, woohoo!
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy