Author Topic: Enclosed Transport  (Read 2875 times)

Enclosed Transport
« on: July 08, 2021, 07:23:01 PM »
Is anyone on here doing enclosed transport (single car) hauling?  I really don't want to fly/u-haul/drive myself...again...But, if I have to...Roughly pick up in Knoxville TN & deliver to DFW TX (Justin).  Figure ~780 miles.  Flexible on timing.  Maybe targeting mid-August.  PM me if you do this, would be willing or have a solid personal reference (BT&DT) with a carrier.  Thanks folks-
Tom - DFW, Texas

CSX 4133

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Enclosed Transport
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2021, 10:03:41 PM »

I've used this company twice for moving two purchased vehicles. They do not offer single car transport, their smallest trailer will haul two vehicles maximum and they are non stacking Gooseneck trailers. They were easy to work with setting up pickup dates/delivery dates.

They aren't the cheapest, but on both occasions the vehicles arrived unscathed and were delivered to my home. One other item, being they use a smaller truck and trailer enables them to get into and out of a pickup location far easier than a semi truck/trailer. Good luck!

~Steven

https://enclosedvehicletransport.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI78m0q_DU8QIVE_rICh1y1A-3EAAYAyAAEgIKEvD_BwE

stangman39

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2021, 09:41:35 AM »
Contact Chris at www.discountautotransport.com
He's a Mustang guy and can help find an enclosed hauler with good ratings and proof of insurance

Dwathencars

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2021, 05:54:39 PM »
I've used Reliable about 15 times to move the Cobra and some other cars.   Mostly to/from shows or events, but a couple of weeks ago we used Reliable to move Lori's SL55 back to Michigan from Santa Monica after doing Route 66 with two other couples.
It has always gone well, and it's about a dollar a mile.   For a transport not tied to some big event they prefer that you be flexible on dates.   Dave
CSX 2367.   Jaguar SS100,XK120, Etype, Mercedes 280SE 3.5 Cabriolet, 1961 Maserati Vignale Spyder

Rickmustang

• SAAC Member
  • "What's behind you, doesn't matter"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2021, 06:47:05 PM »
Reliable picked up a car for me today in Nashville headed to Dallas and then Austin. My 4th time to use with great results. Rick
1965 G.T. 350
1967 Fairlane GT - 390 4-speed
1970 Mach 1 - 428CJ 4-speed/AC
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ auto/AC
2005 Ford GT

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2021, 12:33:56 PM »
Rick - Dave - Steven - all,  Thank you for the kindness & courtesy of a quick reply.  Lots of endorsement for Reliable, that's for sure.  Will look at them again.  Did they only haul the vehicle?  Or can they haul other things as well?  Boxes/spares/other related items?
Tom - DFW, Texas

Dwathencars

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2021, 09:09:25 PM »
Reliable has been OK with a trunk full of parts, dirty laundry, luggage etc.   I was in their Canton, MI hub/warehouse once when they had several very large neon signs.   So it’s worth asking.  Dave
CSX 2367.   Jaguar SS100,XK120, Etype, Mercedes 280SE 3.5 Cabriolet, 1961 Maserati Vignale Spyder

Rickmustang

• SAAC Member
  • "What's behind you, doesn't matter"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2021, 01:22:46 AM »
Reliable hauled an extra set of tires and a big transverse muffler with the car they brought.
1965 G.T. 350
1967 Fairlane GT - 390 4-speed
1970 Mach 1 - 428CJ 4-speed/AC
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ auto/AC
2005 Ford GT

JohnHouston

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2021, 12:51:28 PM »
I had to transport a 59 Vette a few years ago from Greenville, TN to Houston.  I had a tough time finding someone to do it since it was a little off the beaten path.  I found a guy on Uship by the name of Mike Morrison.  He might have been out of Morristown, TN???? Somewhere in East TN.   I will pm you with his phone number, since I'm not sure he wants the world to have it.  Nice guy, good equipment, good communication, perfect delivery.  One car closed trailer and brought extra wheels and tires.  About the same price as the big boys, if they would have done it.  The reviews on Uship said they would trust their children to him, and he certainly did a great job.  No connection otherwise.

Thanks,
John

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2021, 10:22:28 PM »
John!  Thank you!  I saw your e-mail come across.  Thank you so much.  I'll buzz him to discuss!
Tom - DFW, Texas

Vernon Estes

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2021, 10:07:03 AM »
I have a company local to me which runs two car enclosed haulers all over the country. They are 1.25/mile and very easy to work with.

Contact Todd at 417.838.eight421 via text message with the zip codes for pickup and delivery and he will get you taken care of. Todd drives one of the trucks and owns the company.

I use the guys for ever car I buy and generally have my buyers use their services as well.

Kind regards,
Vern
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2021, 02:46:50 PM »
Vernon-  Thank you so much.  Btw, what ever became of the red TA replica you had up for sale?
Tom - DFW, Texas