News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

fuel line bead

Started by vtgt500, July 20, 2021, 04:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vtgt500

I'm faced with fabricating a a 3/8 stainless fuel line.  Line to hose connections require the steel line to have a retaining bead.  Simple bead forming tools are offered for aluminum lines, but anything advertised that's suitable for steel is impractical for making a single line.  Any experience with alternate bead techniques?
https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/topages/parkerbead.php

98SVT - was 06GT

Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Corey Bowcutt

I can tell you I bought the tool suggested and made a bead in a stainless tube and it worked great.

Corey Bowcutt

If you want to send me the line I will do it for you and return it.  You just pay shipping.  If you know how long you want it I probably have some stainless tubing I could use so you only pay shipping one direction.  I am on vacation but can check what I have when I return on Sunday.

Corey

Corey Bowcutt

This is a picture of the bead I did for my carb spacer PCV valve port.
Corey

CharlesTurner

If using the later thin spacer with the angled PCV outlet, cutting it down so it's straight and beading the end is a perfect substitute for a '68.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

vtgt500

Quote from: Corey Bowcutt on July 21, 2021, 08:18:48 AM
If you want to send me the line I will do it for you and return it.  You just pay shipping.  If you know how long you want it I probably have some stainless tubing I could use so you only pay shipping one direction.  I am on vacation but can check what I have when I return on Sunday.

Corey

That's a very generous offer I may take you up on.  Need to get everything in place, bend line and see what I've got.