News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Front tie down hooks

Started by deathsled, July 24, 2021, 07:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

Does anyone know if this type of front tiedown hook will work on a 66? I already obtained the rear ones.  If these work, where are the attachment points?  Thank you for any input that might be provided.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

deathsled

I just bought a pair (within the last half hour from Summit Racing) of the hooks you use but they are for the rear brackets only, or?  Will another pair of the same work for the front end and if so, where would they hook on to?  Thank you for identifying your methodology.

Best,

Richard E.

Krelboyne

Scott Behncke - Carchaeologist @ WCCC

Rbwiii

Quote from: deathsled on July 24, 2021, 07:43:11 PM
I just bought a pair (within the last half hour from Summit Racing) of the hooks you use but they are for the rear brackets only, or?  Will another pair of the same work for the front end and if so, where would they hook on to?  Thank you for identifying your methodology.

Best,

Richard E.

The link i posted are for use in the front. If you have the rear tie down brackets ford installed i use the hooks that come with the ratchet straps.

I standarized on these guys, they made me customized straps i needed to hall exotic cars i have to trailer for service and such.

https://www.macscustomtiedowns.com/

deathsled

These are claimed to be concourse for first generation Mustangs. 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/324697537429?hash=item4b997b3b95:g:zpUAAOSw96Vgv~SK

Not quite sure how well the front ones would work.  I did look under 843 and found the oval holes in the front end to accommodate hooks.