Author Topic: sway bar end links  (Read 2972 times)

EdwardGT350

• View Profile
sway bar end links
« on: March 30, 2018, 08:53:55 PM »
can anyone post pix of sway bar end links? were they mounted the same as stock mustangs?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 09:09:35 PM by EdwardGT350 »
1966 GT350 6s1761

GT350Lad

• SAAC Member
  • Trent
    • View Profile
Re: sway bar end links
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 08:57:27 PM »
Same mate. Standard link ends as far as I know. Just the bigger sway bar.

Cheers
6S373
6S1276

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 10:10:30 PM »

Cheers
+1 . The same as a regular Mustang and is installed the same as the assemblyline manual illustrates.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 10:42:25 PM »
Hope this helps you and others

Picture is posted to show the Sway Bar End Link hardware. The picture was NOT posted to show any other details

« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 03:38:02 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Brant

• SAAC Member
  • www.VirginiaClassicMustang.com
    • View Profile
    • Virginia Classic Mustang Inc
-Brant

www.VirginiaClassicMustang.com

Subscribe to our Blog for the latest updates restoration projects and new parts information for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs!  http://blog.virginiaclassicmustang.com/

Like us on Facebook!  www.Facebook.com/VirginiaClassicMustang

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

kingchief

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2021, 09:38:42 AM »
Old topic but can someone please confirm which nut to use? Having a hard time trying to locate a photo.

Thanks again,

Steve
SFM 6S406

Brant

• SAAC Member
  • www.VirginiaClassicMustang.com
    • View Profile
    • Virginia Classic Mustang Inc
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2021, 02:02:23 PM »
Old topic but can someone please confirm which nut to use? Having a hard time trying to locate a photo.

Thanks again,

Steve

I have usually seen the Keps nut on the San Jose (GT350) car.

BTW, we supply both.
-Brant

www.VirginiaClassicMustang.com

Subscribe to our Blog for the latest updates restoration projects and new parts information for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs!  http://blog.virginiaclassicmustang.com/

Like us on Facebook!  www.Facebook.com/VirginiaClassicMustang

kingchief

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2021, 02:39:56 PM »
Hi Brant,

Yes sir. I just received my set from you yesterday. Just needed to confirm that the correct nut for a San Jose car is the nut with the star washer! Your set is really nice. Tried to find a photo but was unsuccessful. Thank you for confirming the nut with the nut with the star washer or Keps nut.

All the best,

Steve
SFM 6S406

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2021, 04:29:24 PM »
Here are some pictures from unrestored examples 6S44x-6S235x showing the typical retaining nut with star washer. Have seen another style nut but not enough original examples to set or determine their limited applications. Hope this helps

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2021, 05:02:25 PM »

Cheers
+1 . The same as a regular Mustang and is installed the same as the assemblyline manual illustrates.
Revisiting the previous post from March of 2018 to revise for clarity because I happened to see it. The 65/66 long end link bolts were typically installed with hex head on the bottom and threads pointing up the same as regular Mustang but also occasionally on the GT350 with the threads pointing down . The end link bolts could be installed ether way with threads pointed up or down given SA installed the front sway 1" bar. SA installers did not have the same direction as Ford employees had on how things were to be done. SA was more concerned with getting things done and not bolt orientation if not a safety issue.  I do not have any information that leads me to believe that the 66 sway bar was installed by Ford.  We are still discovering new information. If it is confirmed that at some point in GT350 production SA got Ford to install the sway bars on the SJ line then the bolt orientation would be expected to only be oriented with the hex head on the bottom and threads up just like any other Mustang. Given the possible variable in good conscience I do not deduct points for bolt orientation on 65/66 sway bars currently.  67-70 is expected as Ford. A word to the wise if on a unrestored 65/66 car that the bolts were thread down it would be a good idea to document it with a picture for your documentation folder in case you want to show others why you did things. If you don't care about what others think then disregard.