News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

GT500KR (4428) Rear Side Marker (reflectors)

Started by Craner, July 29, 2021, 03:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craner

I need some guidance on which is correct for this car.
I have 2 different reflector types.  One that has this divided into 2 sections and then another that has four sections.
The markings on the units are the same, but clearly the reflector is different.
The Ford parts book does call out what I believe is a change that was made.
I've included  the  part numbers in the photos attached.
Any comments or guidance is appreciated.
Thank you
Fran

68blk500c

Those quarter panel side markers changed for all Mustangs and Shelbys.  The C8Z is the earlier recessed lens version.  Then, (on Metuchen cars) right around Feb. 21 the later lens version C8G, which isn't recessed.   There was a transition period while earlier parts (both quarter panels and side markers) were used up during production.  There are instances of mixed styles on a few cars.  There are instances of successive cars within DSO where one had recessed and the other had surface type.  Your KR most likely had the C8G style from the factory due to date of production.

Coralsnake

Don is correct, during the model year the part changed from the early rectangular reflector to the later oval reflector. That is the change noted in the MPC. It is not a change in the appearance of the oval reflector.

The difference in the reflectors you have is due to the manufacturer.

All GT500 KRs had the oval style reflector

tesgt350

Quote from: 68blk500c on July 29, 2021, 04:19:05 PM
Those quarter panel side markers changed for all Mustangs and Shelbys.  The C8Z is the earlier recessed lens version.  Then, (on Metuchen cars) right around Feb. 21 the later lens version C8G, which isn't recessed.   There was a transition period while earlier parts (both quarter panels and side markers) were used up during production.  There are instances of mixed styles on a few cars.  There are instances of successive cars within DSO where one had recessed and the other had surface type.  Your KR most likely had the C8G style from the factory due to date of production.

Was the Change over around the same time the 500KR replaced the 500?

Coralsnake