Author Topic: 67 shelby guages pod  (Read 7576 times)

Kyle

• View Profile
67 shelby guages pod
« on: August 09, 2021, 08:05:57 AM »
I have this Shelby guages pod and I don't know if it is original or reproduction.
Thanks Kyle.

Kyle

• View Profile
Re: 67 shelby guages pod
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2021, 12:30:53 PM »
Anyone know if it is original or reproduction please?

Here are some more photo.
Kyle.

texas swede

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2021, 06:23:13 PM »
I don't believe this is an original pod as the brackets holding the instruments  don't match what I have
on my original pod and the holes holding the instruments on the sides of the instrument pods are missing.
These holes are in different angles for the two instruments.
Texas Swede

Richstang

• View Profile
    • 1967 Shelby Research Group
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2021, 10:59:43 PM »
I believe early cars had no screws in the center face plate, while later cars did.
When that change happened, I don't know.

Those photos of the pod sure look clean and fresh.
Maybe it is a reproduction, but it would be nice to to hear from a few more people and our resident experts on this.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2021, 04:48:15 AM »
Is that an extra small hole in the back of the case behind where the amp gauge is inserted?

As far as the early verses the later (no screw verses with screw style) I show the change taking place pretty early in the production year. Haven't gotten through all the 67's I've got pictures of yet
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Kyle

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2021, 06:55:20 AM »
Yes I think that hole at the back is a past owners modification.
I don't know why.

Kyle

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2021, 08:22:21 AM »
My Shelby 67 Is early vin#0348.
So for my car need's to be without no screws in the center face plate ?
Kyle.

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2021, 08:53:14 AM »
Kyle.

That could be, not sure a definite time has been established on when that change occurred.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2021, 09:50:37 AM »
Kyle.
It would be more likely without screws then with screws IMO. Your car was built close to the change over for that detail I think.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Kyle

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2021, 11:12:10 AM »
Kyle.

That could be, not sure a definite time has been established on when that change occurred.
Kyle.
It would be more likely without screws then with screws IMO. Your car was built close to the change over for that detail I think.

So to be correct my guage pod needs to be with no screws on the face plate?
Is these are reproduction or original?
Were can I find original complete guage pod with guages with no screws on the face plate?
Kyle.

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2021, 11:32:05 AM »

Were can I find original complete guage pod with guages with no screws on the face plate?
Kyle.

A post in the  want to buy subforum https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?board=51.0  is highly suggested. Plenty of parts collectors/seller lurk there.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2021, 11:38:28 AM »
I would check with Branda performance and see if they sell any plates with out the screws.If not you may have to fabricate one . The one without screws is slightly larger because it is wedged in between the pods for a interference fit. Worst case scenario go with the one with the screws. It isn't set in stone that yours would be without screws.Yet anyway. Details can evolve with more evidence. FYI if using screws they need to be slotted counter sunk type that are black oxide finish.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Kyle

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2021, 04:47:56 PM »

Kyle.

A post in the  want to buy subforum https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?board=51.0  is highly suggested. Plenty of parts collectors/seller lurk there.

Bill
Thanks Bill,
I will make a post Wanted for guages pod.
Kyle.

Kyle

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2021, 04:53:32 PM »
I would check with Branda performance and see if they sell any plates with out the screws.If not you may have to fabricate one . The one without screws is slightly larger because it is wedged in between the pods for a interference fit. Worst case scenario go with the one with the screws. It isn't set in stone that yours would be without screws.Yet anyway. Details can evolve with more evidence. FYI if using screws they need to be slotted counter sunk type that are black oxide finish.

Hi again Bob,
Yes please check me at Branda performance about the plate.
I think is a bit problem to make it without screws in the plate plus the other modifications?
I prefer to find a original complete pod even with the guages.
Kyle.

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2021, 05:23:12 PM »
I believe early cars had no screws in the center face plate, while later cars did.
When that change happened, I don't know.

As a follow up to earlier comments

IMO it is likely/possibly there was a short period of time where both were in stock as old inventory was being used up and new was available. Looking at my collection of data I have come up with likely a soft running change around car #170-#210. Have about 200 examples after that point with about 1% (month or more apart) deviation represented by orphan and likely non-original gauge clusters

Unfortunately don't have clear pictures of all of the 1400 cars I have pictures of this detail

Just trying to help
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 05:28:37 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge