News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

WTB: NOS ‘68 wood grain instrument cluster bezel

Started by CharlesTurner, August 11, 2021, 01:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlesTurner

Putting a 68 Shelby together and in immediate need of an NOS wood grain instrument cluster bezel.  Correct style with chrome around the center horse bright light indicator.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Jack4159

Im sorry I dont have one for sale but i recently bought what i thought was a NOS 68 woodgrain bezel.
It came in Fomoco box, stamped with Fomoco symbol and part number but does NOT have chrome around the bright light indicator.
Does this mean it is a repro and  not NOS?

Corey Bowcutt

Quote from: CharlesTurner on August 11, 2021, 01:03:27 AM
Putting a 68 Shelby together and in immediate need of an NOS wood grain instrument cluster bezel.  Correct style with chrome around the center horse bright light indicator.

Charles, what condition are you looking for?
Corey

KDunne

Quote from: Jack4159 on August 11, 2021, 11:24:38 AM
Im sorry I dont have one for sale but i recently bought what i thought was a NOS 68 woodgrain bezel.
It came in Fomoco box, stamped with Fomoco symbol and part number but does NOT have chrome around the bright light indicator.

i believe that would be a ford service part and not assembly line

Jack4159

Quote from: KDunne on August 11, 2021, 11:48:20 AM
Quote from: Jack4159 on August 11, 2021, 11:24:38 AM

i believe that would be a ford service part and not assembly line
I see, thank you.
Apologies,  it just occured to me that was a bit of a thread hijack.

Coralsnake

On the vast majority of Ford service parts, the chrome border is painted black. It can be cleaned off if you are careful with a qtip and a small amount of thinner.

The Ford service part may also have the chrome rings around the two largest bezels painted black.

Yet another case of the service part not being exactly the same as the production part

Jack4159

Quote from: Coralsnake on August 11, 2021, 12:32:26 PM
On the vast majority of Ford service parts, the chrome border is painted black. It can be cleaned off if you are careful with a qtip and a small amount of thinner.

The Ford service part may also have the chrome rings around the two largest bezels painted black.

Yet another case of the service part not being exactly the same as the production part
Thanks for the tip Pete, i will try the q tip ...with caution.