Author Topic: Wire clamp behind front running light  (Read 1441 times)

Corey Bowcutt

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Wire clamp behind front running light
« on: August 12, 2021, 12:29:43 PM »
I see this clamp on thecoralsnake.com.  I assume my February GT350 should have two of these clamps?  Does anyone know where I might get 2 of these clamps?

Thank you,

Corey

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
Re: Wire clamp behind front running light
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2021, 01:33:29 PM »
Please order parts from Scott Fuller. He puts a lot of effort into his products

https://www.scottfullerreproductions.com/catalog/item/4595229/7851113.htm

Corey Bowcutt

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2021, 02:37:48 PM »
Thank you Pete!

You did so well with that let me ask something else.  The metal retainers for the parking light and side markers were painted black on my car.  When I strip the paint what is left is pretty rusty.  I imagine I could grit blast them and have them re cad plated but cad plating is probably expensive.  Are there any good reproductions out there?  I looked on NPD and the ones that look correct are out of stock for the parking lights.  The side marker brackets on NPD look ridiculous.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2021, 03:02:26 PM »
Thank you Pete!

You did so well with that let me ask something else.  The metal retainers for the parking light and side markers were painted black on my car.  When I strip the paint what is left is pretty rusty.  I imagine I could grit blast them and have them re cad plated but cad plating is probably expensive.  Are there any good reproductions out there?  I looked on NPD and the ones that look correct are out of stock for the parking lights.  The side marker brackets on NPD look ridiculous.
Not Pete but the NPD side marker light retainer looks close although it doesn't appear plated. It should be gold chromate or black chromate. The park light retainer cup should be gold chromate. Nether part was cad.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Corey Bowcutt

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2021, 03:28:39 PM »
Thank you Bob.  The plater I have been talking to called it "cadmium plating with yellow chromate" does this sound correct?

To my eyes the NPD just does not look like mine (pictured below) and like you said I would still have the plating problem.

Corey

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2021, 03:41:57 PM »
Thank you Bob.  The plater I have been talking to called it "cadmium plating with yellow chromate" does this sound correct?

To my eyes the NPD just does not look like mine (pictured below) and like you said I would still have the plating problem.

Corey
Zinc gold (yellow) chromate (zinc dichromate) is what it was originally on that part. Cadmium plating with yellow chromate does not have the same look as original and is different. As I said before the repro retainer looks close especially given your example. I always like using original when I can. Sometimes those retainers are badly pitted or missing . In that case the repro is a nice looking alternative. Many of us have invested in plating solutions and equipment so changing the finish can be a problem or is not a problem relative to what you have access to.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

68blk500c

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2021, 09:56:16 PM »
My experience is that not all were the gold plating.  Included is a photo of what was removed from my #2139 straight out of EvapORust.  I have seen a few others, too.  I also have a photo of one NOS in this plating, if I can find it.

Special Ed has some experience with this variance in plating of these parts.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 10:20:21 PM by 68blk500c »

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2021, 10:21:01 PM »
My experience is that not all were the gold plating.  Included is a photo of what was removed from my #2139 straight out of EvapORust.  I have seen a few others, too.  I also have a photo of one NOS in this plating, if I can find it.
+1 . Reread reply #3 . Black Chromate ;) .