Author Topic: Zink Dichromate  (Read 2278 times)

Corey Bowcutt

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Zink Dichromate
« on: August 12, 2021, 04:05:53 PM »
I am looking to get the parking light brackets and side marker brackets replated in the original Zink Dichromate finish (thank you Bob).  Does anyone out there do this or know of someone that does?

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Zink Dichromate
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 01:01:13 PM »
Google for places near you or check in Hemmings. A couple brackets isn't much of a job for most platers. I just looked and our old go to place in Pomona CA is gone. He priced things basically by the pound so we'd take him enough to make the minimum. You can buy kits and all the stuff to DIY online but I don't know how the quality would be.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2021, 08:02:55 AM »
Actually if you look at his Facebook page, Drew is zinc dicromate plating, but only for those Holley parts.

Then again, by the time he gets back from Holland, he's going to be years behind on the Holley's already, so don't even ask! ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

mgreene

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2021, 08:17:39 AM »
https://caswellplating.com/electroplating-anodizing/zinc-plating-kits/chromates.html

I have actually done some of their stuff - looks really good once you get everything down pat.
'66 GT-350H
'69 428SCJ Mach 1
'72 Pantera

greekz

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2021, 11:29:50 AM »
I am looking to get the parking light brackets and side marker brackets replated in the original Zink Dichromate finish (thank you Bob).  Does anyone out there do this or know of someone that does?

If you live in Southern California, Van Nuys Plating did all the hardware and attaching pieces for my car.  Everything came out really nice.  They might do a small order.

Greek
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2021, 01:45:07 PM »
Actually if you look at his Facebook page, Drew is zinc dicromate plating, but only for those Holley parts.

Then again, by the time he gets back from Holland, he's going to be years behind on the Holley's already, so don't even ask! ;)

I used to try to help folks out by doing small batch plating. Just too busy honestly.
Left home July05, left Rotterdam July21, arrived at jobsite in south atlantic August12, will be here till end of October.  Have 125 carb requests, so unless you want to show up and do the plating yourself, I doubt I could get to it.

Drew

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2021, 01:46:42 PM »
If someone wants to learn how, I’m happy to share info.  Even better, I have a FB group I started called “Hobby Zinc Plating and Metal Finishing.”
900 people strong, lot of good info for beginners.